Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Luxury Edition Hotel confirmed as main tenant of Hudson’s site development

[Moderator note: These posts are copied over from the Hudson's Site Building Thread, as they announce a significant event worthy of an independent thread.]

Luxury Edition Hotel confirmed as main tenant of Hudson’s site development

A luxury Edition Hotel is coming to Dan Gilbert's large redevelopment of the former J.L. Hudson's department store site downtown, his Detroit-based real estate company has confirmed.

Crain's reported in April that Bedrock and Edition Hotels signed an agreement in late 2021. The Hudson's development website says 227 rooms are planned for the skyscraper component of the development, which is slated to rise about 685 feet on the southern chunk of the 2.3 acre site.

EDITION Hotels, a unique concept in the lifestyle hotel space conceived by Ian Schrager and Marriott International

A hotel of this status is so badly needed here. It's crazy how lacking we've been in high end hotels. Nothing in the state will come close to this kind of luxury other than Shinola.

I didn't realize until looking it up that Edition is another in the Marriott chain. Just for fun, I looked up a rate - last Saturday in October, which would still be the low season, in Miami Beach, is 800/night. I would gladly pay it but with the Canadian exchange it's over a grand, which is my limit. I'll have to just keep slumming it at the Westin I guess.

Next stop an Apple Store.

^ One perhaps less snooty than the one at Somerset? ------