Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A mild La Nina Winter is already here in Metro-Detroit Area.

Here we go again. Another mild La Nina Winter is coming to Detroit and suburbs and this time it arrived very early in October. But wait until the late fall and early winter. We are in it for a big snowy surprise!

NOVEMBER

Temps will a tiny but mild in the upper 40s near fifties and then decreasing temps by mid-November to the early 40s and upper 30s. There will be some snow showers. A winter weather advisory by mid to late November follow by a cool dry break.

DECEMBER

A last hurrah of cool to mild temps, followed by a sneaky Alberta Clipper snow shower, winter weather advisories and a late winter storm watches and polar plunges when we get to Christmas and New Year's via the Pineapple Express from Western part of the United States. Chance for a White Christmas is a 30-70 shot.

JANUARY 2023

A polar vortex plunges after New Year's Day follow by a quick cool short thaw, more snow showers, polar plunges, winter storm warning. We may get a 10-to-12-inch snowpack from it. We may get a piece of the nor eastern blizzard.

FEBRUARY

More snow, more deep cold temps in the teens and upper 20's follow by winter storms and advisories. But temps will rebound to the mid 30s.

MARCH

One last round of winter weather advisories and snow showers until mid-March before temps climb into upper 40s near 50s by late March. We may get a mid 60s spring preview by mid-March.

Here is the source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wStJ7bVpNZI

Many have come before you my friend, the list is long: fortunetellers, clairvoyants, oracles, soothsayers, tea-leaf readers, psychics, forecasters, prophetess, and they too have dared to predict Michigan weather. They're bleached bones lay with all the other fools in masses scattered across the land, slowly vaporizing and fading from existence.

What did Nostradamus say on the subject - relative to the D?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-17-22 at 07:53 PM.

Get ready for a cold tricky winter folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Danny, you made a similar prediction last winter, and it didn't quite work out that way.

I'm out here in the weather watching snowflakes [the natural kind] mixed in with the rain drops.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-20-22 at 02:42 PM.

NOVEMBER

Temps will a tiny but mild in the upper 40s near fifties and then decreasing temps by mid-November to the early 40s and upper 30s. There will be some snow showers. A winter weather advisory by mid to late November follow by a cool dry break.

" So far so good."

A cold snap is here.

NOVEMBER

RESULT:

A little mild temp from the upper 60's near 70's in early November followed by decreasing temps in the early 40's upper 30's with some snow showers and a cool dry break.

I was right.

Winter storm coming in December 23 everyone.

DECEMBER

A last hurrah of cool to mild temps, followed by a sneaky Alberta Clipper snow shower, winter weather advisories and a late winter storm watches and polar plunges when we get to Christmas and New Year's via the Pineapple Express from Western part of the United States. Chance for a White Christmas is a 30-70 shot.

Result: cool to mid temps in Early December, a sneaky snow shower, winter weather advisories and a late winter storm and a 30-70 shot for a white Christmas. I was right.

Plow Tracker: check snow removal in your area, see road conditions with in-plow cameras
    This online transportation mapping system can show you where state and contracted county plows are working to clear snow between you and your destination, how many plows are on the road, and even give you a driver’s-seat view from the in-plow cameras.

The "Maintenance Vehicle [snow plow] Layer" wasn't working well but eventually some icons appeared then disappeared. It shows recent stills of the driver's eye view rather than video.

JANUARY 2023

A polar vortex plunges after New Year's Day follow by a quick cool short thaw, more snow showers, polar plunges, winter storm warning. We may get a 10-to-12-inch snowpack from it. We may get a piece of the nor eastern blizzard.

RESULT

a quick cool short thaw, more snow showers, winter storm warning and polar plunges.

I was right.

I was right.
    Snow showers, a snowfall of a few inches, a cold snap, and a storm somewhere in the northern half of the country.

Quite a hot take for January in Michigan.

Now that's a February ice storm wallop in the Metro-Detroit Area. So far over 500,000 DT customers have no power. It will be up to next week until full power restoration.

you neglected to mention temperatures going into the 50s and 60s multiple times in February.

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    you neglected to mention temperatures going into the 50s and 60s multiple times in February.
    Not 50s or 60s in all Metro-Detroit area. I did say MORE snow, MORE cold temps follow by winter storms.

I am still right.

We've had about 16"LESS snow in the Detroit area in February than normal
    Not 50s or 60s in all Metro-Detroit area. I did say MORE snow, MORE cold temps follow by winter storms.

I am still right.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    We've had about 16"LESS snow in the Detroit area in February than normal
    Not helping our drought situation.

Name:  20230221_mi_text.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  61.9 KB

FEBRUARY

More snow, more deep cold temps in the teens and upper 20's follow by winter storms and advisories. But temps will rebound to the mid 30s.

RESULT:

More snow, more deep cold temps winter storms and advisories

I was right.

And guess what There will be a mild El-Nino Summer coming soon. Brace for some more storms and cooler temps.

I was right.
    LMAO.

It barely snowed, when it did it melted almost immediately, the average high temperature was almost 7 degrees warmer than normal, and except for a couple of days at the beginning of the month, even the low temperatures barely went below the mid-20s.

You were wrong about literally everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    LMAO.

It barely snowed, when it did it melted almost immediately, the average high temperature was almost 7 degrees warmer than normal, and except for a couple of days at the beginning of the month, even the low temperatures barely went below the mid-20s.

You were wrong about literally everything.
    I did say more snow More snow has accumulated in northern parts of the Metro Detroit area in early February. More cold occurred in early February before temps rebounded in the upper 40s near fifties but only just south of I-59 FWY. We did have several rounds of rain-snow-ice mix. [[ More snow more cold. I was right.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...s/69930830007/

So literally any nanometer of snow that fell in the entire month of February qualifies for "more snow"... amazing prediction, you were indeed right

Maybe Danny was talking about Tucson AZ... this was this morning near the Mexican border... maybe this is better than any wall would be?
    Attached Images Attached Images