Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Skulker has left this earth!

Saw a brief death notice in today's Freep...here's the full obituary:

Peter Quentin Zeiler, 54, of Charlotte, passed away October 7, 2022.
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=36759838

It has been years since I was in touch with Peter [aka Skulker when he posted here on DetroitYES], but he was one of the nicest guys around! He was insightful and interested in all things Detroit while he was here. From what I understand, he was responsible for new developments in Charlotte, NC and elsewhere as he worked to make cities and city life better for their residents.

I have great memories of DYes meetups, standing around talking with Peter. His going away party at the Park Bar was packed!!
    Last edited by Kathleen; October-13-22 at 09:36 AM.

Wow. Very sad to hear this. Peter was a knowledgeable and talented urbanist. It was a loss for our region when he left. Condolences to his family.

Very sad! DYes was a much better place when he was around. He leaves behind a very young daughter as well.

Rest in peace.

That is too young to go. Did he have an illness?

Cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Rest in peace.

That is too young to go. Did he have an illness?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Cancer.
    Oh no. Fuck cancer.

Very sorry for the family.

That name clicks from a LONG time ago on here. May he rest in peace and prayers to his family and friends

So sad... I remember him well, a great poster on this forum for many many years... RIP Skulker...

RIP Skulker. I remember his back and forths with Brian back in the day. I always enjoyed his posts and have often wondered what happened to him. So sad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    RIP Skulker. I remember his back and forths with Brian back in the day. I always enjoyed his posts and have often wondered what happened to him. So sad to hear this.
    Yup... problematic Brian left this group after the Book Cadillac was restored... he swore that that would never happen [[repeatedly)... and quite a few folks had called him out on it.

Rest in Peace. Prayers for and condolences to the family

RIP Skulker.

In 2003 Skulker led Camilo Vergara and I into the Cadillac when things were brewing for its restoration.
    Name:  Zeiler-cadillac-05253.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  95.7 KB

In the Grand Ballroom with Skulker and Camilo [behind unknown woman].
    Name:  CV-PZ-Cadillac-Grand-Ballroom05314.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  128.4 KB

Sadly the Lafayette Building across the street did not experience the same revival.
    Name:  05359.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  122.2 KB

Lafayette was a really big loss. Didn't Skulker have some pretty strong responses to certain people? Or am I thinking of someone else who used to post here?

Stromberg2, just wondering.

RIP Skulker

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    In 2003 Skulker led Camilo Vergara and I into the Cadillac when things were brewing for its restoration.
    Name:  Zeiler-cadillac-05253.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  95.7 KB

In the Grand Ballroom with Skulker and Camilo [behind unknown woman].
    Name:  CV-PZ-Cadillac-Grand-Ballroom05314.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  128.4 KB

Sadly the Lafayette Building across the street did not experience the same revival.
    Name:  05359.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  122.2 KB
    That was the late [former Michigan Building/Theatre owner] Tony Pieroni's ex brother-in-law [in good standing]. I believe he was once married to Tony's sister. He and Tony remained on good terms, from what I remember.

RIP Skulker...

Nice to hear from your Strommy!

Yes indeed that was a mess as Skulker posted. In the Detyes Search there are are several threads including broad participation of many members too - for example the sink-hole fiasco that happened during demolition:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...e-on-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Lafayette was a really big loss. Didn't Skulker have some pretty strong responses to certain people? Or am I thinking of someone else who used to post here?

Stromberg2, just wondering.

RIP Skulker
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-19-22 at 08:52 AM.

Correct. Tony hosted him when he was in Detroit. I last saw Camilo at Tony's funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    That was the late [former Michigan Building/Theatre owner] Tony Pieroni's ex brother-in-law [in good standing]. I believe he was once married to Tony's sister. He and Tony remained on good terms, from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Correct. Tony hosted him when he was in Detroit. I last saw Camilo at Tony's funeral.
    I don't mean to threadjack away from Skulker... but although Tony Pieroni on DYES [3WC] was quite the firebrand... for those of us who called him friend, he was a wonderful caring individual.

Wow Skulker was my dude too....much respect for him he was a cool guy.

RIP Skulker. Great and knowledgeable guy.

Raising my glass - RIP

Well, well...great to hear from PlymouthRes!! Miss you pal!

Stromberg2

^ Indeed nice to hear from the Detyes early members!

^^ It sure is! Hello to All!!

Nice that the old time lurkers still come online once in a while... just sad that it is due to a member passing.

In the olden days it was due to Itsjeff and his downtown socials... and also the DYes picnics. I went to one downtown event, but Itsjeff was not around, and I never got to meet him. But I did go to some of the later DYes picnics... and I really miss those!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast