Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's up in Dearborn?

Hampton Inn on Michigan, lots of news stories popping up, few details.

From what I've gathered is that a shooter has barricaded himself.

Not a lot of info coming out other than someone with a long gun was having an argument with an employee or someone related to an employee. People evacuated from the hotel say the saw police carrying a body bag. Downtown Dearborn is pretty much locked down/closed right now. Hampton in on Michigan Ave

Their live feed is here

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/34315

Media is messed up - police have released no information but yet people see body bags being carried away when it was reported one wounded person was taken to the hospital,suspect is barricaded in a room.

They would not be carrying away body bags until the crime scene is processed,they are not going to process the scene until it is over.

At least 1 shot in Dearborn 'active shooting' situation; MSP tells people to 'stay away'

Some video found in first link. Local news will update quickly I hope...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/way...e-to-stay-away

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/1-d...om-sources-say

Clerk was shot and killed in the lobby at about 2pm; roughly when people were saying they saw a body bag carried out. The standoff lasted til 9pm with the gunman barricaded in his room on the 3rd floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ... lots of news stories popping up, few details.
    A police radio often helps to fill in details in these situations. Years ago Michigan decriminalized the operation of police radios in civilian vehicles although I assume they're still illegal during the commission of a crime.

Debbie: Duke, let's go do those crimes!
    Duke: Yeah. Let's get sushi... and not pay!
    — Repo Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A police radio often helps to fill in details in these situations. Years ago Michigan decriminalized the operation of police radios in civilian vehicles although I assume they're still illegal during the commission of a crime.
    Pretty much all Michigan police departments use Project 25 digital radio now, which is encrypted. You can tune in to those frequencies but you'll just hear digital noise.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Pretty much all Michigan police departments use Project 25 digital radio now, which is encrypted. You can tune in to those frequencies but you'll just hear digital noise.
    Click the play button here and then again in the popup window for Dearborn Area Public Safety.

Whether they use Project 25 or not, Dearborn surely kept most of the info to themselves yesterday. It was almost as if there was radio silence for most of the day other than what some witnesses saw and the minimum info that news stations had on their broadcasts. Kudos to them
    Click the play button here and then again in the popup window for Dearborn Area Public Safety.

That's... weird. I thought I read that the state had doled out grants to get everyone on encrypted P25. Looks like Wayne and Washtenaw are still using clear comms [[though I'm pretty sure they are using P25) Thanks for the post, I didn't know it hadn't rolled out everywhere yet. Oakland is all encrypted as far as I know.