Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Michigan's first self-service taproom to open in Royal Oak?

I spotted this pour-your-own establishment opening notice. So what happened to the bar tender that cuts off someone getting too loaded to drive home? Even if the ounces poured are tracked how do they ensure one isn't pouring a drink for a minor or someone else overloaded?

Prepare your taste buds and grab a glass - Michigan's first fully self-service taproom is opening in Royal Oak in October.
    From the popular Eastern Market Brewing Co., Lincoln Tap will feature a rotating selection of beer, wine and cold brew coffee.
    The self-serve system uses IPourIt technology.

Customers will be able to explore details for each drink on a touchscreen [[think Cher's closet in “Clueless”) and pour as much as they want, and RFID wristbands will track the ounces, according to a news release.

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...983b3d_134861f

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Michigan's first fully self-service taproom is opening in Royal Oak in October.
    What's next? Self-service lap dance on 8 Mile Rd?

^ actually if you could market that,you could be partying with bill gates Tomorrow,with man caves being all the rage,it would be the perfect addition.

It looks like they are taking the technology used in the shot guns and applied it to humans.

How do they bill you? You have to leave your credit card on file forever?

What is the point of going out and serving yourself?
    Last edited by Richard; September-23-22 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What is the point of going out and serving yourself?
    My local go-to supermarket recently converted all their check out lanes to self-service. The check out staff is reduced to assisting people in learning the process. Reminds me of the days when off-shoring was so big and workers from other countries were brought in to be trained by the workers who were losing their jobs.

On the pay back side, I am reading where shop-lifting is on the up tick in these situations.

.... On the pay back side, I am reading where shop-lifting is on the up tick in these situations.
    Wegmans scraps self-checkout app after spate of shoplifting
    Wegmans bagged its self-checkout app because too many shoppers skipped paying and gave themselves a five-finger discount, the popular supermarket chain said....Wegmans will hand out a $20 credit to SCAN customers as a peace offering, the company said.
    Serves 'em right. If I as a customer wanted to work for a merchant, I would have applied for the job. Owning a business does not grant one the right to get greedy.

I'm looking at you, CVS.

My local go-to supermarket recently converted all their check out lanes to self-service. The check out staff is reduced to assisting people in learning the process. Reminds me of the days when off-shoring was so big and workers from other countries were brought in to be trained by the workers who were losing their jobs.

On the pay back side, I am reading where shop-lifting is on the up tick in these situations.
    Walt Disney world did that with their whole IT staff,made them train their replacements that were hired at 1/2 the pay before they were fired.

I went to super wal mart - 2 cashier lanes open,15 employees helping those at the self checkout,I kinda feel bad for youngsters looking for summer jobs or even part time job after school,not much out there left for them to do.

Raymond James Investments,which employs thousands here gave the employees the option of having a RFID chip planted in their hand,it gives them excess to the building and can purchase items from The vending machines in the break room with the swipe of the hand,a majority had no problem having it installed,we are at that point where people will voluntarily have a chip installed simply because it is convenient.
    Last edited by Richard; September-24-22 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Raymond James Investments,which employs thousands here gave the employees the option of having a RFID chip planted in their hand,it gives them excess to the building and can purchase items from The vending machines in the break room with the swipe of the hand,a majority had no problem having it installed,we are at that point where people will voluntarily have a chip installed simply because it is convenient.

I guess it's better than white armbands with the Star of David on them. Similar results though.

My local go-to supermarket recently converted all their check out lanes to self-service. The check out staff is reduced to assisting people in learning the process.
    I would immediately stop going there. Right after I informed the manager why ... very loudly.

Self-service bar? I remember Tom's Tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Self-service bar? I remember Tom's Tavern.
    Nice...