Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default City of Detroit sues Census Bureau in fight over population count

I know it goes against "the message" but I would think if there was a significant undercount, it would be the more well off [[and probably white) folks who use addresses outside the city to avoid income tax and auto insurance.

Of course, the census has nothing to do with either of these and you could be counted on Detroit's numbers and tell the insurers and the city you live out of town, but many doing this probably wouldn't be inclined to take the risk anyways.

I do not think it is accurate anyways,when the census worker came through my neighborhood she told me I was the only one that would even answer the door.

Cities with high illegal populations,they do not want to be counted and most African Americans that I know also prefer to be Leary of the government asking questions,same with the red necks.

I do not think it provides a clear picture of what is really going on,maybe in the past.

The way it seems any more hackers have more information on everything everybody does then the government spending millions.
    Last edited by Richard; September-21-22 at 05:59 PM.

The Constitution demands a decennial census for purposes of apportioning Congress. One question is how to improve the census taking. The Census
    2020 census was deficient both because of the extreme effects of the pandemic and interference by the Administration in the operation of the
    actual enumeration. Follow up enumeration ended early in September of
    2020 while the Census Bureau had planned to continue considrably
    later.

In this era of the internet, censuses may not be the best way to gather data. England announced that their 2021 census would be the last one. France and Germany have given up on census taking. Germany presumes that all residents are registered with local authorities.

Australia and the US are, I believe, the only two large countries that
    have constitutionally mandated censuses.

I have heard computer folks say that if they had access to all digitized
    records of individuals in the US including postal address lists, city
    assessor lists, utility user lists, mailing lists from the on-line retailers
    and a variety of lists from local governments, they could come up with
    a pretty complete list of residents of this country.

I suspect many would object to that strategy to count the population for purposes of apportioning Congress. It is difficult to change our
    Constitution but some have called for a new Constitutional Convention.