Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Belle Isle Giant Slide Re-opens

Belle Isle's Giant Slide re-opened amid worldwide attention, and you can expect heading into one of the last big summer weekends that it will be packed. And when we say worldwide attention, we mean it as media outlets have been all over this story, including headlines on CNN and The Wall Street Journal. Even Sky News in the United Kingdom published a story about it.
    https://youtu.be/WrxoNtfNrFE

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

That's SO Awesome!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-26-22 at 08:21 PM.

Jimmy Kimmel Crowns Viral Clip of the Year 2022

LOL! Detroit gets a shout-out on Kimmel! Uhh... Eh-ok.

I'll pass on the giant slide. Maybe it's been greased or something. Don't recall it being that dangerous before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...I'll pass on the giant slide. Maybe it's been greased or something....
    There's something other than grease that would work much better but I won't mention it because I don't want to give anyone ideas.

It's all funny until someone gets hurt. Then medical and legal get involved and it's not funny at all.

It's pretty obvious that someone treated that slide. It's interesting that no one seemed too interested in pointing that out.

^ Maybe it will acquire some needed friction from the winter weather? I doubt it's covered off season.

I've never cared for rides/ rollercoasters but we all did this slide - It was not this level high-bouncy!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-22 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    There's something other than grease that would work much better but I won't mention it because I don't want to give anyone ideas.

It's all funny until someone gets hurt. Then medical and legal get involved and it's not funny at all.

It's pretty obvious that someone treated that slide. It's interesting that no one seemed too interested in pointing that out.
    It's not really a secret. They said they put too much wax on it but it was fixed when it re-opened a couple of weeks later.

Yikes! But another reason to avoid the new-thing crush.