Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: What will they find this time?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kwame & Bernard's secret stash

5 11.11%
  • The school board's secret stash

1 2.22%
  • CAY's kruggerands

2 4.44%
  • Hoffa

8 17.78%
  • Nuthin' but dirt [[again)

29 64.44%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default FBI digging again

Near Tireman & Colfax sez Channel 7 - http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/BREAK...XrJ6RYBLA.cspx

I know the neighborhood. In fact, I bought a car once from the coney lot on the next block. It occurs to me that it's a quick drive from the vicinity of Bobby Ferguson's offices.

lilpup Guest

ewwww...

The sealed warrant prevents officers from revealing details of the investigation, but Local 4 has learned the warrant was issued in connection with several homicide cases...Sky 4 pictures reveal cadaver dogs are also digging in the area. Residents told Local 4 that the property has been abandoned since Williams Lumberyard closed about 15 to 20 years ago.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20903986/detail.html

If they are looking for Jimmy Hoffa again, I think its a big waste of time and man power. Do they actually think after all these years his remains would be viable. Why won't they just let him rest in peace. I don't understand why the keep look for him. I think they are looking for someone else.

Quote: "cadaver dogs are also digging in the area."

These dogs need a union. Not only are they required to locate human remains buried several feet from the surface, they have to dig them up too?? just isn't fair.

They say the cadaver dogs have bad breath, and like to roll in stuff.

lilpup Guest

There is no statute of limitations on murder.

As mentioned in WXYZ's report, a handgun allegedly tied to the Hoffa case was turned in in August. The gun supposedly belonged to the same McMaster whose former farm was torn up a few years ago.

One interesting connection [[tie-in?) to more recent events - McMaster's attorney was Mayer Morganroth.
    Last edited by lilpup; September-14-09 at 12:29 PM.

I was listening to Mildred Gaddis' show one morning when the topic being discussed was about the charges for Monica Conyers. One caller, who stated he was retired federal attorney indicated that the Detroit FBI office gets all the "rogue & troublemaker" [[read "loser") agents. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that may explain why all these digs end up with nothing.

It has to be hoffa or a murder related to his case, they are digging too deep for it to be anything else. And they went to a lot of trouble to try and hide what they are doing with the fencing. It has to be related to the gun given to the FBI earlier this summer that was supposed to be used in multiple killings.

I find this surprising, and wonder who was misinformed along the way. We were told yesterday to give that site special attention because Homeland Security was preparing to break ground on a new facility and would be delivering equipment and materials over the next few days. I couldn't help but wonder "Why the hell would they wanna build there?" So, it's probably more likely that they are digging to find something, and not digging in conjuction to building.

Sport, That is a curious bit of info. Why do you think the higher-ups wouldn't trust the rank and file? Is there a possiblity that someone in DPD had their own private dumping ground? who do you think might be involved?

A non-response will be viewed as a yes.

I should add, there is nothing like starting a baseless rumor.

Jimmy Hoffa lives on in books and urban legend.

I wonder how many books have been written and how many folks were involved with his murder. A typical mafia hit has only a few players.
    No doubt in my mind, I beleive that Jimmy Hoffa was dismembered and incinerated at a facility on Mound road, between Charles and Caniff. Never hear that story too often now do you.

The powers that did it, did not want a body to be found. All the digging in the world will not locate Jimmy.

Bin Laden is safe, they are still looking for Hoffa.
    but thats another thread.

"Bin Laden is safe, they are still looking for Hoffa."

Kinda shows that the CIA is just as good as the FBI, eh?

from the WDIV link:

Sky 4 pictures reveal cadaver dogs also digging in the area.

Residents told Local 4 that the property has been abandoned since Williams Lumberyard closed about 15 to 20 years ago.

"It's been like that for years, since I was a little boy. Just an empty piece of property," said Garth Brooks.
    Garth Brooks? I imagine the Phil MaCrakin, Seymour Butz and Mike Hunt were too busy giving their side of the story to competing news sources.

Yes, Garth Brooks would be perfect to question about the digging. Afterall, he's got friends in low placed.

Look at the bright side, at least that lot is getting cleaned up FINALLY. Maybe Ill prank the FBI and get them to clean up the dump site down the street from my house......

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Look at the bright side, at least that lot is getting cleaned up FINALLY. Maybe Ill prank the FBI and get them to clean up the dump site down the street from my house......
    FBI Operator. How may I help you?

Hello? Yes. I know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. You must search Detroit. Thank you.

cheddar bob Guest

If your father went missing and presumed murdered, at what point would you want the authorities to stop looking for his body and/or killers? Because I don't think I'd feel much closure until it were solved.

Sludgedaddy Guest

Government agents from the FBI and paleontologists from the Smithsonian have been conducting this dig clandestinely to thwart prying eyes and animal rights activists from discovering the fact that 15,000 yrs. ago, ancient Michigan peoples were conducting illegal Mammoth fights on this site.

Just drove by this morning. Pretty interesting the way it's fenced off with landscape fabric or something to prevent prying eyes from seeing in. Lots of cranes inside.

Quote: "If your father went missing and presumed murdered, at what point would you want the authorities to stop looking for his body and/or killers? Because I don't think I'd feel much closure until it were solved."

I agree, but at what point is there a cap put on how much taxpayer money can be spent looking for him? There are lots of missing persons cases that are thrown by the wayside and equally important.

lilpup Guest

As in any other case, how much time and $$ spent investigating is going to be determined by how good they think their information is. They don't go running off to check every single rumor launched their way.

The thought that ran thru my head, after 1st thinking Jimmy Hoffa, was Dawan Simms [[ not sure if I spelled right ) the little boy that disappeared while he and his mom were "shopping" a few years ago. But I highly doubt the FBI would go to those measures / expense to search for him.

lilpup Guest

They would if they had a good tip and a reason to believe it was a kidnapping [[making it a Federal offense so the FBI would be involved instead of just a local missing kid case).

The lastest update provided by channel 4 is that it is a suspected site of several homicides.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast