Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

My first thought when I heard this on the radio yesterday was insurance job.

A few possibilities

1. He and his wife really did purchase and own outright $1 mil worth of jewelry, and were legitimately robbed.

2. He had payments on that stuff and couldn't afford it, and staged an insurance job / robbery to get out of the debt.

3. A whole lot of the church's money was about to turn up missing, so he stages an insurance job so he could replace the money before getting caught and going to jail.

4. With his standard of living VASTLY outpacing his income, he stages a robbery, then fences the jewelry, leaving him with a few hundred thou in profit to support his lifestyle for another year.

5, 6,

Seriously, who wears that many gold chains anywhere, let alone church? Mr. T ?
    Last edited by Rocket; July-27-22 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Seriously, who wears that many gold chains anywhere, let alone church? Mr. T ?
    Preachers who think Jesus was Gangsta'?

[QUOTE=Rocket;627130]My first thought when I heard this on the radio yesterday was insurance job.

Why is a thread started on an Onion article and why would it be on the radio?
    Last edited by 401don; July-27-22 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Why is a thread started on an Onion article and why would it be on the radio?
    I start each day with Onion News so as to laugh to keep from crying. It's the only news source that I trust completely.

I have no idea why it was on Onion.

I heard it on 95.5 or the like Tues on the way to work.

The church service was being live-streamed, so the robbery is on Youtube. https://youtu.be/KVb_eePjXoI

The priest also mentioned that he drives a Rolls.

And from a couple other Onion-esque news sources.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...welry-million/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/us/br...ery/index.html

He was in the news a few weeks back,Kinda like a 20/20 special showcasing his excesses and justifying,I am thinking somebody outside of his flock saw the opportunity and took advantage of it.

He has a collection of exotic sports cars.

It make you wonder what draws people to that,there is a large church by me where the pastor arrives in a private helicopter in order to give Sunday services.

Its different with Kilpatrick though,because he violated the public trust,in the church aspect,people can just walk away,not so much if you are invested and living in the city.
    Last edited by Richard; July-27-22 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I have no idea why it was on Onion.
    Onion is America's finest news source.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Onion is America's finest news source.
    Let's not overlook the Babylon Bee.

Or for our Canadian friends, The Beaverton.