Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Photos from an old Detroit copper.

Some shots that bring back memories. Came on the job in DPD as a cadet in 1955, Retired as Detective Sergeant in 1984. Alas, moved away from Michigan for the SW desert at that time. Yes, I miss Michigan in summer, which, as I recall, lasts from July 20 to August 3. Other than that......well, whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images                

Sure had fun. Back when you could.

You cannot even be a good cop anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DubboBJyLpo

Jesus Christ, is there no thread sacred to you Richard? Gotta go shit all over every one. "Look Ma, I'm swimming!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Jesus Christ, is there no thread sacred to you Richard? Gotta go shit all over every one. "Look Ma, I'm swimming!!!!!"
    What exactly do you call what you just did?

He said it was back in the day when you could have fun,do not play ignorant when you know exactly what he ment and out of connivence.

Clearly Jesus Christ did not have anything to do with it otherwise you would have had a bit more respect for others,which is indicative of a majority of the problems of today.

That lack of respect that people wear like a badge and think it is cool.

You know what else was cool back in those days,when people played bad ass they had to do it to peoples face,now people hide behind the false facade of the internet while knowing full well if they had the balls to talk like that to peoples face in real life,they would get their ass beat,or shot in the hood.

Betcha 20 years from now very few police officers will be able to talk about the good old days and doing a job they loved,I do not even see why 99% even stick with it today.

And you highlight it while setting the example,no respect for others.
    Last edited by Richard; July-21-22 at 09:02 PM.

Hi Ray: I notice in the graduation picture most of the officers have their Sam Browns over their right shoulders, but some have them over the left. Wasn't there a regulation about that?

Also you look very handsome in that police overcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    Hi Ray: I notice in the graduation picture most of the officers have their Sam Browns over their right shoulders, but some have them over the left. Wasn't there a regulation about that?
    Left handed versus right handed? Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    I doubt Ray's that old. LOL!

Depended upon whether you were right handed or left handed. That's all the difference was.

Wouldn't have much more need for it here in Las Vegas, I guess. 113 today.........