Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default ArriveCan app discouraging Americans from entering Canada

If you want to know why the majority of Canadians are fed up with their government and want Trudeau out of office NOW , look no further than the ArriveCan app debacle . ArriveCAN app must go, says Windsor West MP Masse [[msn.com)

Why are people even messing with BP,there are multiple locations where you can just cross with no hassles,they are even serviced by Uber.

Canada is like this country,it is easier to enter as an illegal then it is for a citizen.
    Last edited by Richard; July-21-22 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Canada is like this country,it is easier to enter as an illegal then it is for a citizen.
    Has that been your experience every time you have crossed over between the USA and Canada??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Has that been your experience every time you have crossed over between the USA and Canada??
    you would never know because there would be no record of it,would there be.

People have been crossing and smuggling across that border under the radar long before you were born.

You just do not see the level of violence like we see on our southern border,that you deny exists,so not much is made of it.

Of seven convicted terrorists from 'special interest' countries, four entered illegally from Canada, none from Mexico

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...er-terror-case

Add that to a long-standing history of fighting border security measures on the basis that they are not Mexico, and Canada continues to argue that the only issue on the table to discuss should be trade, period, end of story.

https://cis.org/Kephart/No-911-Hijac...-TerroristFree

In short Canada spends more time and energy harassing law abiding citizens in order to make it look like they are serious,without having to be actually serious.
    Last edited by Richard; July-21-22 at 08:45 PM.

As a native Detroiter I've been going to Canada for many decades. I've a passport, etc to do so now if I choose to [though no longer so inclined].

Yet, good to see some sovereign nation, without apology, exhibiting some control over their borders as to who comes and goes ......

I am sure increasingly more New York citizens wish we had/ did...

NYC Mayor plan to house 3,000 illegal immigrants in HOTELS after they overwhelmed homeless shelters... seeks Biden's help....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-HOTELS.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-22-22 at 06:46 PM.

Why are people even messing with BP,there are multiple locations where you can just cross with no hassles,they are even serviced by Uber.

Absolute nonsense. Tell me where the average couple or family wanting to visit Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver or any other non-remote tourist destination should cross? You can't even cross any of the great lakes without getting pulled over any more. You can walk across remote areas in Quebec or the prairies and get picked up by the RCMP but that's only done if you want to declare refugee status. The Uber story is ridiculous.
    Last edited by 401don; July-22-22 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Tell me where the average couple or family wanting to visit Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver or any other non-remote tourist destination should cross? You can't even cross any of the great lakes without getting pulled over any more. You can walk across remote areas in Quebec or the prairies and get picked up by the RCMP but that's only done if you want to declare refugee status. The Uber story is ridiculous.

What can I say; another big flat fail for Richard.

Who knows? He might be able to find a distant Canadian cousin of the guy who killed 49 and injured 53 at a gay bar in Florida. He might do the same for the Parkland Fla shooter that killed 17 and injured 17, but no, the terrorists were both born on American soil and didn’t use a phone or a car to their deeds. They also didn’t blow up the building with whatever happened to be inside it, minus explosives. There.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    What can I say; another big flat fail for Richard.

Who knows? He might be able to find a distant Canadian cousin of the guy who killed 49 and injured 53 at a gay bar in Florida. He might do the same for the Parkland Fla shooter that killed 17 and injured 17, but no, the terrorists were both born on American soil and didn’t use a phone or a car to their deeds. They also didn’t blow up the building with whatever happened to be inside it, minus explosives. There.
    Lol you must be in good shape after walking that 5500 mile border in order to claim somebody else is a fail.

Canada is well documented when giving asylum and benefits to well known terrorists.

Let's go through the details in the case of Ahmed Ressam. He comes in through Mirabel Airport. The immigration officer notices that the picture doesn't cover the passport, and says this is clearly a fake passport. You know, when somebody tries to get into Canada with a fake passport, people would normally think that shouldn't be allowed.

So basically, if you are caught with a false document, you can simply say, "I claim refugee status because I was persecuted," or "I am in danger of persecution and the only way I can get out of my country is with a false passport." The passport, of course, might not even be of the country of origin or somewhere else, as was the case here. So there is really ... no constraint against a person using false documents. And of the 30,000 refugee claimants arriving in Canada every year, 60 percent of them arriving have either no documents or claim to have no documents or have false documents, and they all stay and they all proceed with their claim. So that it is not a barrier.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...tc/canada.html

Canada has a secret program that allows certain “high-profile” foreign nationals who would otherwise be barred from entering the country due to national security concerns, war crimes, human rights violations and organized crime to be granted special “public policy” entry visas so long as it is in Canada’s “national interest.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6289240/c...urity-threats/

A former Iraqi cabinet minister and long-time member of Saddam Hussein’s inner circle made a refugee claim in Canada because Iraq said it would no longer pay for his expensive dialysis treatments, Global News has learned.
    And, at first at least, he wasn’t found inadmissible to Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5788178/s...refugee-claim/

You guys are the Argentina of the 40s who admitted every Nazi that could make it there.

Get back to me after you have actually walked that 5500 mile border and told me how secure it was.

[QUOTE=Richard;627009]Lol you must be in good shape after walking that 5500 mile border in order to claim somebody else is a fail.

Canada is well documented when giving asylum and benefits to well known terrorists.

Let's go through the details in the case of Ahmed Ressam. He comes in through Mirabel Airport. The immigration officer notices that the picture doesn't cover the passport, and says this is clearly a fake passport. You know, when somebody tries to get into Canada with a fake passport, people would normally think that shouldn't be allowed.

So basically, if you are caught with a false document, you can simply say, "I claim refugee status because I was persecuted," or "I am in danger of persecution and the only way I can get out of my country is with a false passport." The passport, of course, might not even be of the country of origin or somewhere else, as was the case here. So there is really ... no constraint against a person using false documents. And of the 30,000 refugee claimants arriving in Canada every year, 60 percent of them arriving have either no documents or claim to have no documents or have false documents, and they all stay and they all proceed with their claim. So that it is not a barrier.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...tc/canada.html

Canada has a secret program that allows certain “high-profile” foreign nationals who would otherwise be barred from entering the country due to national security concerns, war crimes, human rights violations and organized crime to be granted special “public policy” entry visas so long as it is in Canada’s “national interest.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6289240/c...urity-threats/

A former Iraqi cabinet minister and long-time member of Saddam Hussein’s inner circle made a refugee claim in Canada because Iraq said it would no longer pay for his expensive dialysis treatments, Global News has learned.
    And, at first at least, he wasn’t found inadmissible to Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5788178/s...refugee-claim/

You guys are the Argentina of the 40s who admitted every Nazi that could make it there.

Get back to me after you have actually walked that 5500 mile border and told me how secure it was.

No need to import terrorists when you have your Timothy Mc Veys to do the deed.

How about that Saudi Air Force guy training at a base in Pensacola. Killed three, injured eight others. Who vetted him?

Maybe Florida is the Cuba of the 1930’s, where everything goes.

Oh. Go take a walk yourself, you need it.

^ nice deflection

The thread was about harassing law abiding people at the border,I countered with it is easier to enter the country by bypassing the BP and provided examples of how easy it was,even for known terrorists.

You and the other one choose to ignore the facts and called me out based on what?

The best you can come up with is,but but but the US has homegrown terrorists?

What does that have to do with the price of syrup in Canada?

FIRST READING: ArriveCAN refuses to stop failing [[and Ottawa doesn’t care) | National Post Need any more proof that Canada's travel and immigration policies are being driven by internal Liberal party politics and not hard science?
    Last edited by Margaret's boy; July-23-22 at 11:45 AM.

^ nice deflection

The thread was about harassing law abiding people at the border,I countered with it is easier to enter the country by bypassing the BP and provided examples of how easy it was,even for known terrorists.

You and the other one choose to ignore the facts and called me out based on what?

The best you can come up with is,but but but the US has homegrown terrorists?

What does that have to do with the price of syrup in Canada?

Nice try. You forgot to mention the part where we are supposed to be the Argentina, etc…

What you are trying to prove in laying on more crap on top of your other layers is that Canada is a threat to the security of the US. The US is just as much a threat from its homegrowns as it is from immigrants coming via your borders. Just take a good look at the numerous multiple shooting sprees in Florida alone, why import it when you have it all in glorious live HD.

I’ll just give you one sample of an American who was on the radar in the US before he settled in Montreal for some time before committing his act of terrorism in what is actually my wife’s workplace.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Montreal_bombing

Nice try. You forgot to mention the part where we are supposed to be the Argentina, etc…

What you are trying to prove in laying on more crap on top of your other layers is that Canada is a threat to the security of the US. The US is just as much a threat from its homegrowns as it is from immigrants coming via your borders. Just take a good look at the numerous multiple shooting sprees in Florida alone, why import it when you have it all in glorious live HD.

I’ll just give you one sample of an American who was on the radar in the US before he settled in Montreal for some time before committing his act of terrorism in what is actually my wife’s workplace.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Montreal_bombing
    Once again the thread is about Canadian border policies and not about my terrorists are better then your terrorists.

If the Canadian government feels it is in the best interests of the citizens to be a dictatorship,something you support,then that is on them,but you are old enough to understand that there will be those who oppose that.

I am sure they do that under the risk of being called enemies of the state but I believe they still have the right,at this point,to fight for their country and way of life weather you agree with it or not.

You have not actually disputed what I have posted yet in regards to the actual border and the policies surrounding it ,just countered with I do not know what I am talking about and the US has terrorists.

Have you walked and probed the border yet in order to see if you can cross it unopposed in order to back up where you posted it was not true ?

It’s only 5500 miles and the largest land border in the world and it could be entirely possible Canada puts up the 100s of millions that it would take to secure it in its entirety,but they do not.

After 9-11 security at international airports was increased and checkpoints were established,I used to take the back road that went through Orlando international airport to avoid traffic and as a shortcut.

As a contractor I had a Toyota cargo van,no windows other then the front doors and windshield which were tinted dark,you could not see inside of it.

No markings on the outside,I drove through that route several times and never got stopped,there were always vehicles pulled over for inspection.

2 groups

Old people,so the appearance was given that they were being checked for their safety.

Hispanics with loud mufflers,because it was a reason to pull them and check them out.

So here I am driving a van that could have easily had a bomb in it going merrily on my way,with no resistance.

Nobody has the funds to secure the borders so they rely on occasionally stopping and searching and word of mouth,that spreads and says do not try this because you will get harassed in the process.

So they look for people to single out and a majority of those are just innocent people going across the border with no nefariousness in mind.

They only have funds enough to cover major entry points,so it becomes more about sending messages then actually secure borders,that’s what this thread is about,creating ways in order to use innocent people in order to spread messages,it’s not their job.

If you do not like Americans voicing their opinions about Canada,then stop voicing your opinions about American polices,it is a two way street you know.
    Last edited by Richard; July-23-22 at 05:07 PM.

... What you are trying to prove in laying on more crap on top of your other layers is that Canada is a threat to the security of the US.....
    Comedy writers seem to use the Canadian threat theme as a reliable source of chuckles. It's just that absurd to imagine Canada as malicious.

For some reason YouTube has been recommending Nothing to Declare {Canada} to me lately. It's an interesting show about Canadian border customs.

Last edited by Jimaz; July-23-22 at 09:15 PM.

Once again the thread is about Canadian border policies and not about my terrorists are better then your terrorists.

If the Canadian government feels it is in the best interests of the citizens to be a dictatorship,something you support,then that is on them,but you are old enough to understand that there will be those who oppose that.

I am sure they do that under the risk of being called enemies of the state but I believe they still have the right,at this point,to fight for their country and way of life weather you agree with it or not.

You have not actually disputed what I have posted yet in regards to the actual border and the policies surrounding it ,just countered with I do not know what I am talking about and the US has terrorists.

Have you walked and probed the border yet in order to see if you can cross it unopposed in order to back up where you posted it was not true ?

It’s only 5500 miles and the largest land border in the world and it could be entirely possible Canada puts up the 100s of millions that it would take to secure it in its entirety,but they do not.

After 9-11 security at international airports was increased and checkpoints were established,I used to take the back road that went through Orlando international airport to avoid traffic and as a shortcut.

As a contractor I had a Toyota cargo van,no windows other then the front doors and windshield which were tinted dark,you could not see inside of it.

No markings on the outside,I drove through that route several times and never got stopped,there were always vehicles pulled over for inspection.

2 groups

Old people,so the appearance was given that they were being checked for their safety.

Hispanics with loud mufflers,because it was a reason to pull them and check them out.

So here I am driving a van that could have easily had a bomb in it going merrily on my way,with no resistance.

Nobody has the funds to secure the borders so they rely on occasionally stopping and searching and word of mouth,that spreads and says do not try this because you will get harassed in the process.

So they look for people to single out and a majority of those are just innocent people going across the border with no nefariousness in mind.

They only have funds enough to cover major entry points,so it becomes more about sending messages then actually secure borders,that’s what this thread is about,creating ways in order to use innocent people in order to spread messages,it’s not their job.

If you do not like Americans voicing their opinions about Canada,then stop voicing your opinions about American polices,it is a two way street you know.

You should get yourself an old grey AMC Rambler, cause that suits you so well.

Again with the unpalatable paragraph salad.

Fair play to you, Richard. I’m going to keep calling Chump the would be dictator he is, you can call Trudeau’s leadership of Canada a dictatorship if you like. You brought up the terrorism bit I then countered it, and you claimed I wasn’t on topic. Unfair play on your part, but I’m used to you or bemused I should say. Your full of little nefariousnesses, as you are wont to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Comedy writers seem to use the Canadian threat theme as a reliable source of chuckles. It's just that absurd to imagine Canada as malicious.

For some reason YouTube has been recommending Nothing to Declare {Canada} to me lately. It's an interesting show about Canadian border customs.

Thanks Jimaz, I mona have to watch it after my beauty sleep is over.

^^ Canuck... Richard calls Trudeau a "dictator"... and yet he comes from the state of Florida, which has Ron DeSantis as governor. If you were to compare Trudeau to DeSantis... well I bet most on this Forum would say that DeSantis, and his meddling into the personal freedoms of Floridians, as well as Florida corporations, he would be the real dictator. But not according to Richard... I'm sure he's Googled it...

^ nice try slick,that’s why the Canadians flee down here right along with 1/2 the population from the north,because the governor meddles in the personal freedoms lol

Most on the forum are liberals and socialists,so it would stand to reason most would agree Floridas governor is a threat,just like you guys are scared like I am going to turn Detroit into a red city all by my lonesome,which is why you never had a problem with me until after you learned my political leanings,which you still do not have a clue about outside of what you have concocted in your head.

Tru-do stripped the rights from every Canadian citizen,something you approved of,over a trucker protest,and you say Floridas governor is meddling in the personal freedoms?

The same thing Talib was arrested for - blocking the roads,and nobody had to strip every Americans civil rights to open the road back up.

Remind me how long you were under house arrest ?

Thats the problem,you are a Google sheep,they lead you to what you want to hear and then you take that as truth,because Google said so.

You do realize that outside of your preferred world,there are others that are totally capable of independent thought,I realize that goes against your very fiber,but that’s the way it is.

You better play nice because it could very well be him or your favorite, Trump,next in line for president again.
    Last edited by Richard; July-24-22 at 04:34 AM.

Again with the unpalatable paragraph salad.
    And again with quoting it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If you were to compare Trudeau to DeSantis...
    ... I'll bet you'd find that neither have anything to do with Detroit or Michigan.

Lol. I had to drop in on this topic to see what it was about. Figured Richard would be here with his daily bowel movements and pure nonsense.

I drove to New York and back through Sarnia last month. I guess I was lucky to have absolutely no problems using the app. Yet Richard has a list of multiple locations where I can conveniently cross with the family and never even speak to a BP agent. Can't wait to see the list. I assume they won't add any time or distance to my travel either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ... I'll bet you'd find that neither have anything to do with Detroit or Michigan.
    Not quite true about Trudeau... he does affect Detroit... border crossing/Pandemic issues, Gordie Howe Bridge, etc...

There's an interesting Canadian show that shows Customs Canada and the land border/airline entry into Canada, including several gun issue scenes...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Lol. I had to drop in on this topic to see what it was about. Figured Richard would be here with his daily bowel movements and pure nonsense.

I drove to New York and back through Sarnia last month. I guess I was lucky to have absolutely no problems using the app. Yet Richard has a list of multiple locations where I can conveniently cross with the family and never even speak to a BP agent. Can't wait to see the list. I assume they won't add any time or distance to my travel either.
    lol,I will post the list just as soon as you post the list of the 10 best places to buy heroin in Detroit.

That is just silly.

How does being delayed at border crossings not add time to your travel plans?

Like I said ,it is a 5500 mile long border,Canada does not have the manpower or resources to cover it.

Good thing you personally had no problem with the app because lord knows you personally are the standard for the world to follow.

The nothing to declare program has been on the top of my YouTube list also lately,they must of paid to promote it because it is monetized with the commercials and they needed a boost in revenue.
    Last edited by Richard; July-24-22 at 03:39 PM.

IOW, you're full of shit. Again. Because you can't help yourself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast