Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Seeking Recos for Restaurants with outdoor seating

Visiting Detroit mid-August. With friends & family. About 15 people. Last year we were at the Motor City Brewery on Canfield.
    Do you know of other restaurants mid-town, centrally located with outdoor seating? prefer pizzeria, chicken, comfort food...nothing fancy.

Tony V's, one of my favorites. Basically the whole front of the restaurant is open air.

Hopcat also has outdoor seating but it's kinda Meh. Love everything else about Hopcat though.

The temporary summer rest. in Campus Martius can't be beat for atmosphere & people watching. They have a good variety at reasonable prices. Not sure if the permanent Fountain Rest. also operates the outdoor one.

With such a large party, you might have to move on from Midtown [and how do you define Midtown anyways?]. That's a question I often hear from those attending our PD Midtown walking tours.

Detroit Shipping Company might meet your needs.

Over in Corktown...Mercury Burger & Bar, Ottava Via, Bobcat Bonnie's, Batch Brewery, and Nemo's all have outdoor seating. Various menus and price ranges.

Armando's in Mexicantown has an outdoor patio.

Since we're wandering away from Midtown, I was here with friends about a week ago and everyone seemed to like it. The inside restaurant part is really nice, and they have a large outdoor patio with great scenery.

https://www.corianderkitchenandfarm.com/

Coriander, in the canals next to Grosse Pointe Park, is a fun choice and has outdoor and an open upper deck. Check first but both seem capable of accommodating a group of that size. In Mexicantown my favorite outside dining place is Los Galanes but likely the tables would have to split up.