Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Ice Cream Shop Won’t Serve Officers With Body Armor.

Tim Mahoney, the owner of Cold Truth ice cream shop located at 4240 Cass Ave suite 100, shared his store’s new policy via an Instagram story Thursday. “Cold Truth is a family/community ice cream spot. There are times when various units come through and are outfitted in heavy duty tactical gear, it is disturbing and unsettling for some of the families in our space,” the post said.

Name:  ice scream.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  91.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Tim Mahoney, the owner of Cold Truth ice cream shop located at 4240 Cass Ave...
    That area has gone downhill since the days when it was the redlight district. But seriously, you'd think Mahoney would value all customers.

How much of a family/community would it be without the police ?

911 call ,Help we are being robbed,please send the police,but we do have limitations for their arrival.

They must arrive in a EV,at least one of the arriving offices must be a woman that identifies as a man,they are only allowed to arrive dressed in shorts and a tee shirt,all arriving officers must be if equal representation of all races,the officers can only use flowers in order to disarm the robbers,no firearms,taser,pepper spray or weapons of any manner,the officers must address the robber apoun arrival while using proper pronouns as not to offend them.

I suspect those in military uniforms are not also welcome because they would also give their life while defending yours.

There has been an uptick across the country with businesses not wanting to serve the police,but be a business that does not want to make a cake for a gay marriage and they will drag your butt all the way up to the Supreme Court in order to force you to do it.

Apparently they are a little slow,the whole anti police thing has fallen on its face all across the country after the population got a taste of the ramifications of those actions.
    Last edited by Richard; July-02-22 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How much of a family/community would it be without the police ?

911 call ,Help we are being robbed,please send the police,but we do have limitations for their arrival.

They must arrive in a EV,at least one of the arriving offices must be a woman that identifies as a man,they are only allowed to arrive dressed in shorts and a tee shirt,all arriving officers must be if equal representation of all races,the officers can only use flowers in order to disarm the robbers,no firearms,taser,pepper spray or weapons of any manner,the officers must address the robber apoun arrival while using proper pronouns as not to offend them.

I suspect those in military uniforms are not also welcome because they would also give their life while defending yours.

There has been an uptick across the country with businesses not wanting to serve the police,but be a business that does not want to make a cake for a gay marriage and they will drag your butt all the way up to the Supreme Court in order to force you to do it.

Apparently they are a little slow,the whole anti police thing has fallen on its face all across the country after the population got a taste of the ramifications of those actions.
    It specifically says body armor. Couldn’t be clearer. Don’t let that stop you from bringing up gay marriage and pushing your narrative though.

^ every single officer in the line of duty wears body armor,but do not let that stop you from pushing your narrative through.

If I was going to push a narrative I would have posted,sense over half of the city is represented by a radical progressive things like this are no surprise just as billion dollar corporations are expecting the same free ride.

You posted that they specifically wrote body armor,you did not even read the article before you were so quick to jump.

It clearly states TACTICAL GEAR ,so who is running the narrative in their reply?

If you did not understand what tactical gear is you should have asked or looked it up.

Pretty typical to distort or ignore the facts in order to mould them to one’s narrative.

I do not care what consenting adults do,I used an example of the hypocrisy.

As usual you found/created a way out of thin air,to make it personal in order to create discourse against opposing opinions.
    Last edited by Richard; July-02-22 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    It specifically says body armor. Couldn’t be clearer. Don’t let that stop you from bringing up gay marriage and pushing your narrative though.
    Southen... you will also notice that Richard only mentioned police in relation to the BLM/Antifa situation... you won't hear a peep out of him regarding the Jan. 6 attack of the Capitol Police... it doesn't fit his narrative...

While that's certainly his right as a private business owner, I don't understand the logic in trying to get on law enforcement's bad side with this policy in such a high crime city.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Southen... you will also notice that Richard only mentioned police in relation to the BLM/Antifa situation... you won't hear a peep out of him regarding the Jan. 6 attack of the Capitol Police... it doesn't fit his narrative...
    LOL you are not in my head,now you are the one expanding it into a realm where nobody went in order to push your narrative,then you have the gaul to say it is everybody else mucking up the forum.

Do you actually believe that everybody else is that stupid where they cannot see your slip is showing?

Nothing worse then a privileged white suburban social justice wanna be warrior.
    Last edited by Richard; July-02-22 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    While that's certainly his right as a private business owner, I don't understand the logic in trying to get on law enforcement's bad side with this policy in such a high crime city.
    Agreed,businesses have always reserved the right of refusal,but when you look at the bigger picture,we are actually going backwards after spending decades of getting away from the segregation concept.

Can a Catholic business say they are not going to serve Protestants,can a German bakery say they choose to refuse service to Jewish,where does it all end?

In this case the ones that are going to be wearing tactical gear would be SWAT or a gang task force etc.

Considering what everybody is subject to in music,video games,street violence and just flat out daily craziness,the one thing that will save somebody from all of that, is the thing they are saying that disturbs them the most.
    Last edited by Richard; July-02-22 at 01:14 PM.

“It is disturbing and unsettling for some people in our space” yeah Tim those people are called “idiots” and you should never listen to them. God I feel bad for cops.

There are a lot of libraries that don't want police coming in uniform or will not call the police for minor disturbances. They feel it traumatizes minority children who are already frightened about things they have seen and heard about police. I don't know of any in our area, but one of my library FB pages often have comments like this. I don't agree; I think kids should be taught at a young age to trust police and to go to them for help, but apparently I am living in the dark ages.

I can’t believe we live in times where cops are seen as the bad guys and thugs are seen as misunderstood. Fucking insane

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There are a lot of libraries that don't want police coming in uniform or will not call the police for minor disturbances. They feel it traumatizes minority children who are already frightened about things they have seen and heard about police. I don't know of any in our area, but one of my library FB pages often have comments like this. I don't agree; I think kids should be taught at a young age to trust police and to go to them for help, but apparently I am living in the dark ages.
    Its the same stance they took in schools,City Of Detroit just received millions in funding to support community policing,they tried it in a city outside of New Jersey and so far crime has gone down,but I do not know,police walking around have also been targeted.

There are bad apples but the trend seems to be leaning towards teaching children that all apples are bad,when they should be being taught to recognize the difference.

Will the return of the Flatfoot make a difference? I guess some input from old school officers where it was common back then verses now if they see a difference.

I do not know where all of this is going,most officers that I talk to are pretty much done and doing as little as possible in order to just bide their time into retirement.

It is a job that entails life and death decisions based on split second decisions.

Is it really old school to believe things that have changed,we would have never thought twice about disrespecting a police officer,even though some of us gave them plenty of opportunity to practice their profession.

It is even with teachers and our elders ,we would have never even thought about talking back or being disrespectful and even if we thought about it all it took was that look to bring us back into reality.

Now a 12 yo will not even think twice about telling a grownup to F*** off ,people posting videos of little babies and kids giving the middle finger and people think it is funny.

It’s those words my grandfather used to say that ring in my ears - This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

50 years later it does appear so.

We were taught accountability,if you stepped out of line you had to also be prepared to except the consequences for your actions.

Now you can go rob a store and if you get caught,you will be released within the hour so you can rob another one before dinner.

But really what tactical gear are they wearing going into a ice cream shop,they are going to be wearing the same uniforms as regular officers,different color,they are not going in their with a scary assault rifle and dressed out with a helmet with night vision prepared for war.

Back in the 60s the Black Panthers used to patrol inner city neighborhoods with some dressed out in tactical gear and with long rifles in full display,it was considered protecting the neighborhood and not traumatizing it.

I think this officer in tactical gear wears it well

https://www.facebook.com/reel/176393...9062?fs=e&s=cl
    Last edited by Richard; July-02-22 at 02:31 PM.

Appalling. How are they supposed to defend themselves against all that armor-piercing ice cream?

That hair extinguisher investment is already paying off.

Pretty sure they don't mean regular police, ALL of whom wear thick bullet proof vests under their uniform.

Rather they're referring to the guys dressed in full swat gear, with the big steel-plates OVER their uniforms, rifles etc. Like they're about to take down ElChapo.

I've been pulled over and drawn on by a couple of these guys, and it is a very different feeling than just a couple of regular cops doing regular cop stuff.

I kind of get it.

Same can be said about MRAPS in police forces. Of questionable legality, as it's illegal to use tanks against civilians. Most police forces don't "use them" against civilians, but rather just stand behind them, or use them as a command vehicle parked out in front of a barricaded gunman situation.

That neighborhood is WAY nicer than it was 20 years ago. All those little stores are new. Parking is a major issue, and as such, I've only been able to eat in that ice cream shop once in 4-5 tries. And i love ice cream.

FIT THE NARRATIVE. Now that is funny considering the one sided attempt at a clown show!

And in response....
    Ice cream truck serves Detroit Police Department amid battle over armor
    ‘I loaded up on superman [[ice cream) to give back to the superheroes’

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...le-over-armor/

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    FIT THE NARRATIVE. Now that is funny considering the one sided attempt at a clown show!
    Well they did interview over 1000 Republicans, but I'm sure you know better...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    And in response....
    Ice cream truck serves Detroit Police Department amid battle over armor
    ‘I loaded up on superman [[ice cream) to give back to the superheroes’

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...le-over-armor/
    It shows the good in people will always find a way to shine above the evil.

Well they did interview over 1000 Republicans, but I'm sure you know better...

Name:  LiberalArgue.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Name:  LiberalArgue.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  9.7 KB
    I missed you smart ass sarcasm since your family insulting tirade last week.

That's nice....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; July-03-22 at 04:01 PM.

I missed you smart ass sarcasm since your family insulting tirade last week.

That's nice....

Actually you should have used "your". I know what a stickler you are for correct grammar.

One less robbery run for the DPD to help against the backlog of calls. . . ...get/got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    ...cops are seen as the bad guys and thugs are seen as misunderstood
    Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke
    You gotta understand
    It's just our bringin' upke
    That gets us out of hand
    Our mothers all are junkies
    Our fathers all are drunks
    Golly Moses, naturally we're punks!

etc.,etc., etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Actually you should have used "your". I know what a stickler you are for correct grammar.
    Yeah, sorry about that... I was distracted counting up my June LEGO book royalties...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast