Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Monkeypox Arrives in the D

Sheesh. Add another one to the fret list...

"An Oakland County resident is the first in Michigan to have a probable case of the monkeypox virus, state health officials said Wednesday.
    "The virus, which is in the orthopoxvirus family and is closely related to smallpox, is part of a global outbreak of more than 5,115 cases that now have spread to at least 27 states, the District of Columbia and 51 countries outside of its endemic areas as of June 29, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
    https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...303a91_13484fa

Monkeypox requires very close contact to spread. It is nothing like COVID, which can spread through an entire room in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Monkeypox requires very close contact to spread.

I guess they'd have to have been monkeying around.

Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:

• direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids
    • respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex
    • touching items [[such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids
    • pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta
    • https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...nsmission.html
    • this is going to take the concept of house arrest in order to prevent the spread,to a whole nother level when every individual gets locked down in their own little bubble,so much for being able to randomly kiss somebody in public.

just cannot have any fun no more,No kissing,no cuddling,no sex,no touching anybody or anything out of fear of dying.

Remember when AIDS first came out,this all reads like the warnings that were published at that time and had people believing you could catch it from a toilet seat,the mass hysteria that was propagated at the time.

Not only are we going from one crises to another,we are stacking them on top of each other to reach the moon,no wonder everybody’s stress level is so thick you can walk on it.

I am sure there will be a shot out shortly followed up by monthly booster shots so we can all feel safe again and return to normal.

Of course nobody has actually defined what normal is.

Considering the hospital report in the other thread,this does not hold out for much hope for not spreading.
    Last edited by Richard; July-01-22 at 01:08 PM.

There is a vaccine for Monkeypox. It's a Smallpox vaccine. I might get might my shot soon. It least it's not a global pandemic like COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There is a vaccine for Monkeypox. It's a Smallpox vaccine. I might get might my shot soon. It least it's not a global pandemic like COVID-19.
    Interesting analogy sense smallpox killed 300 million in the 20th century,the last case was in 1977 and was considered eradicated from the world in 1979.

If I got monkey pox and they said they were giving me a smallpox shot,I would want to see the expiration date on the bottle first,even though the only shot available is unproven,which would not be the first time.

For even more useless information,there are two countries in the world that still retain the smallpox virus in storage for use.

The United States and Russia,both keep it to use as a deterrent against each other.

That is even scarier then COVID.
    Last edited by Richard; July-01-22 at 07:07 PM.