Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tim Swarens' Opinion Piece in the Detroit Free Press

My post was killed. Because?

It was moved to the non-Detroit section, I assume because the post had nothing to do with Detroit.

Your post is alive and well right here: https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...political-hack

No, the post is in lockdown... no one can reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Same reason this one will be. You know you can send the moderator a message right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    No, the post is in lockdown... no one can reply...
    I thought that a demagoguing opinion piece about inflation that was published by the Detroit Free Press would be appropriate in this forum.

It’s an opinion piece and you know what they say about opinions.

Here is a counterclaim opinion,which I disagree with also,because his work is online and he had similar opinions about the previous administration,so he just hates everybody and blames everybody without having the facts.

Mr. Swarens offers nothing in the way of informed analysis; no discussion of facts, data, information or global trends. There is only blame and hate for Biden and certainly no mention of the reckless bungling, incompetency and mismanagement of the Trump presidency.

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/opin...rs/9897281002/

He writes for about 15 different media sources and one of them is the Free Press which is owned by Gannett as is all of the other sources the opinion piece was printed in.

I think that was the beginning of the end,when local papers stopped being local.

What is happening is happening worldwide,totally different circumstances then what was going on during the previous president.

But in my opinion there is a world wide collection that has enacted the same policies or group think and everybody is getting the same crushing result,Stevie Wonder could have seen that coming,although Shaq did say he met him in an elevator and looked up at him to speak to him,while not knowing who he was before entering.

The pattern of fed rate changes in the last 10 years has not really fluctuated that much and the federal reserve is a private enterprise,it’s policies enacted that reflect on the economy,interest rates are used after the damage has been done or before it occurs and during it is a balancing act,Kinda like when you feel sick you go to the doctor and ask him to fix you.

If you want to look at the pictures,here is a link with a graph that shows the massive increase

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ent-bond-yield

It’s more about the banks and investors tired of getting only 2 % returns ,great for one side the borrower,sucks for Wall Street banks and 401ks

So what they said is - The borrower’s have had a great run the last 5 years,it’s our turn now.

In that context it does effect Detroit because it slows growth and radical change causes projects to stall,the federal reserve is trying to taper interest rate changes so they can be absorbed by the economy,to fast and it crashes,that’s what they are trying not to do.

When you lower rates,money is cheap to borrow and encourages investment,but it only works so long,because the ones lending it are not making money on their money.

We had a strong 8 years the natural cycle is kicking back in for the downslide,that why I said before,regardless of your political tastes,when opportunity is presented,you better grab it because when it passes like it always does,its another 3-5 or more years before you see it again as the correction works through.
    Last edited by Richard; May-23-22 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The article in question, the Swaren's op-ed, is an opinion piece on national politics that doesn't even mention Michigan, let alone Detroit. Discuss Detroit topics must be directly related to the Detroit-Windsor family of communities only. This is not a forum for discussion of national, international, or even outstate Michigan issues.

Furthermore if you have any questions about the forum or its rules, kindly post them in the Chit Chat Room forum as they are not about Detroit-Windsor family of communities. Thread closed.
    Last edited by admin; May-24-22 at 01:23 PM.