Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Historic Detroit Mansion Converted Into Bed And Breakfast

Freep link is subscriber only.

Deadline Detroit | Historic Detroit mansion converted into bed and breakfast

After four years of renovations, a historic mansion on Jefferson has been converted to an upscale bed-and-breakfast inn.The Frederick K. Stearns house was built for a businessman in 1903

2. Default

My Free Press subscriber share link usually works...

BTW, for those interested, a Free Press subscription is very inexpensive, $49 a year [but currently has bait offer of $1 for six months]. Besides the Free Press it gives on access to a couple hundred other papers in the USA including about 15 in Michigan. I like it because if gives me the actual newspaper layout as it is printed, not just the single row phone app view.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

The picture in that Free Press story look pretty great. I'm glad they were able to restore so much historical feeling to this beautiful house. My mother worked in there briefly back in the '70s when a lot of it had been converted into very generic drop-ceilinged office space.

Of course, Frederick Stearns [[the younger) who had this house built made his fortune from his pharmaceutical factory a few blocks west on Jefferson that has been a loft residence for many years now.

Quite a pricey place to stay if it’s $400-$600 a night. I’d love to stay there sometime since I used to live two blocks up Parker.

Here is link to the web site
    https://frederickstearnshouse.com

^ Thanks. Awesome website!

I bookmarked it as a sample of one well done. Looks like a great place to stay over a night. When I hit the lotto I'll try it out ----