Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default S&C Dining Car REDUX

I am a S&C dining car fanatic. Their food kept me alive when I was a student at Wayne State University. In a earlier post in an old thread Carol, the daughter of Lowell Knapp mentioned that the family only had the article from LIFE magazine but no other memorabilia. Very recently, some mystic force coaxed me to search eBay for Detroit menus. I hit the jackpot! Here is a picture of the inside menu from my authentic S&C dining car menu. Check out the Sunshine burger, it was my favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I spotted this post erroneously posted in the testing forum. Moved to main Discuss Detroit.

Uh-oh. Coffee went up to 12¢.

I still like boring family restaurants with their comfort food. I'm always amazed how many of these exist in the Detroit area compared to here in Ontario. Funny enough, I was just looking this morning at the menu for one to stop for a quick bite on my way home this weekend and the hot beef sandwich was 21.95!