Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    UFO Guest

Default Tent Cities popping up everywhere

This is too sad too watch. What has happened to our country and people?
    People from all over and all walks of life are suffering.
    In the video it shows an ex auto worker from right here in Detroit and his story.

With times the way they are, my health and bad luck finding work because of it I am afraid I will be living like this shortly.

The anxiety and depression are really getting to me. I really dont know how much longer i can mentally handle everything before giving into temptations and taking the easy way out of all of this

Feeling worrthless useless all alone even when Im around people.
    Just feeling completely hopeless and ashamed knowing I canot do anything about this.
    The worst part is my child is going to think I am a bum and I know Im not
    I am glad at least he is well cared for by his mom.
    Things get so bad at times I want to just say fuck it and end it all but I know my son would hate me for it.
    Life was not meant to be so unfair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obho7uBg3-A

Quotes: "my health and bad luck"
    "anxiety and depression are really getting to me"
    "how much longer i can mentally handle everything"
    "giving into temptations"
    "taking the easy way out
    "Feeling worrthless"
    ''useless"
    '"completely hopeless"
    "knowing I canot do anything about this"
    "think I am a bum '
    "hate me"

You are your problem..

"Life was not meant to be so unfair."

Who told you life is fair? It is what you make of it. If you're waiting on someone else to make it right for you, pack a lunch.

UFO, you keep calling for help. Ss is harsh but it is true, you have to make the steps. Try this link. You sure can't get too far when you are wearing lead boots.

http://www.caps.wayne.edu/ This is FREE, so you can afford it.

ccbatson Guest

Well, why do you suppose that poverty is on the rise, as is homelessness? Recession [[if not depression) will do that. How do we recover? We now know by illustration that bigger government is no solution, but the problem....Capitalism.

Trust you to turn a personal story into a political punchline, CC.

You are the quitessense of understanding and sensitivity.

Not.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I'm concentrating more on the rebirth and new continuous life of things after death myself, that helps.
    I understand...I mean, I think I understand...no, wait...uh, sorry. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    "taking the easy way out
    "Feeling worrthless"
    ''useless"
    '"completely hopeless"
    "think I am a bum '
    "hate me"

You are your problem..

Who told you life is fair? It is what you make of it. If you're waiting on someone else to make it right for you, pack a lunch.
    It's okay, UFO. Jesus will reward you in the next life, I'm sure. Sstashmoo told me so.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    This is too sad too watch. What has happened to our country and people?
    People from all over and all walks of life are suffering.
    In the video it shows an ex auto worker from right here in Detroit and his story.

With times the way they are, my health and bad luck finding work because of it I am afraid I will be living like this shortly.

The anxiety and depression are really getting to me. I really dont know how much longer i can mentally handle everything before giving into temptations and taking the easy way out of all of this

Feeling worrthless useless all alone even when Im around people.
    Just feeling completely hopeless and ashamed knowing I canot do anything about this.
    The worst part is my child is going to think I am a bum and I know Im not
    I am glad at least he is well cared for by his mom.
    Things get so bad at times I want to just say fuck it and end it all but I know my son would hate me for it.
    Life was not meant to be so unfair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obho7uBg3-A
    I feel you!

I'm concentrating more on the rebirth and new continuous life of things after death myself, that helps. Plus, I can end it whenever I want, but right now I've got a good seat for one of the greatest shows on Earth.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    I understand...I mean, I think I understand...no, wait...uh, sorry. I don't understand.
    You know... the phoenix from the ashes. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, and all that.

Plus, I can end it whenever I want, but right now I've got a good seat for one of the greatest shows on Earth.
    What would that be, the Total Implosion Of Detroit?

You know... the phoenix from the ashes. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, and all that.
    So you're saying go ahead and hang yourself, the next life is bound to be better? Not very encouraging, from an outside observer's standpoint...

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    "taking the easy way out
    "Feeling worrthless"
    ''useless"
    '"completely hopeless"
    "think I am a bum '
    "hate me"

You are your problem..

1st thanks to those with a few kind words.

Next maybe I should clarify so SSTmoo can understand why I am going through what I am going through.

I have severe back problems, scoliosis in the lumbar and thoracic,pinched nerves,compression against my spinal cord causing radiculopathy coming and going through the day, degenerative disc,s numerous herniated discs due to the scoliosis. pinched nerves and cervical 2 stage fusion ,arthritis in my back.
    If I stand in one place to long, I get pain, if I sit too long I get pain, If i walk too much, I get pain, If I dont walk, I get pain. When I lay on my side, I have pain. Basically I have some degree of pain 24/7
    I also suffered a concussion which knocked me out for a while and know I have gross motor tremors confusion, and some short term memory problems from time to time.
    On top of not being able to find a job, all of the above contribute to my depression and anxiety.

I have some serious medical issues and I am willing to forgo what doctors previously told me and do manual labor just to stay afloat but when they see the quazimoto hump in my back, pain in my face, lop sided walk and lack of smile I guess I am what you call a bad investment for any business.

I guess on top of all that, maybe I should look on the bright side of things huh?
    I have got at least 3 weeks before I am officially homeless.
    Last edited by UFO; September-13-09 at 05:20 PM.

UFO - I wish you well. I know back problems can be terrible to live with [[relative and good friend both suffer from some sort of back related problems) but remember your child. They ARE the most important and they need us.

Can you file for disability? My rotten ex-brother-in law gets it and he is no where in such a condition as you are.

You're on target Erie. Check this info UFO to see if you qualify. After all, that's why we pay those taxes. You might also check to see what disability benefits your state may offer.
    http://www.ssa.gov/disability/

UFO Guest

I want to work for my money. I know I am able to do something menial like a fast food place bur no one will give me the chance.
    They dont want to put up with someone that needs to take numerous breaks. Even when I offer to stay to make up that time off of the clock.
    Besides, it takes years to get disability, I dont have years and I certainly cannot afford the doctors it takes to get the reports .It would cost me thousands in doctors visits
    My home is in foreclosure and Im down to my last $500 .
    I wish I would have thought about that when I first became unemployed but I didnt because I was sure I would find something menial to pay the bills and now its too late.

So, when I lose the house in the next few weeks I will backpack it across the states one step at a time.
    Pack a lightweight pack about 20lbs or so with wheels for when my back pain gets too bad.
    I can at least walk and I have a high tolerance for pain.
    As long as I have frequent breaks [[because the pain does get gut wrenching) I can go all day walking.

So Ill do what I do best, walk. BBesides, to borrow a line from a movie, "I always wanted to see Montana"

I think it will be a good experience for me. Maybe Ill be able to pick up odd jobs here and there doing shit work just to be able to eat and if not dumpster diving is all the vogue I hear.

Oh wel, Satchmo is right in a sense. I am my own problem. But being in denial about my illnesses and wanting to work for a living doesnt make me a bad person.
    It just makes me someone with poor judgement and too much pride.
    Last edited by UFO; September-13-09 at 07:32 PM.

Well UFO, my rotten ex-brother-in-law filed for it and it didn't take hardly any time and he was approved. He didn't have a pot to piss in and no where to throw it - because he wouldn't work. If he would have worked, he would have had to pay child support. Without working, my niece didn't get anything from her rotten dad. Now she's 21 and he's getting disability and it's all his. He's sitting pretty. Got a nice apartment, a car, does what he wants to do. And never has to work another day in his life. Not that he would want to.

My point being, he didn't pay for any doctor fees and such. He didn't have the money to pay for it. I don't know how he did it, but he did. And you have way more health issues than he does. I say go for it.

Although back packing across the states sounds like a wonderful adventure. I think you'll have lots of company on the road. Last one out of Michigan, turn off the light switch.

UFO Guest

Earie I appreciate your input ,I really do. I just cant bring myself to apply for public assistance .
    Not now.
    probably not ever.
    When i was able to afford to see doctors a couple years back they all told me I was in denial.

This maybe so, but as long as I feel i can do something, anything at all I am going to try .

I just cant be a burden on anyone when I feel I dont deserve it.

Thats my depression speaking.

I am going to take my lumps as they come. Hopefully I will weather through it all.

They say when you finally hit bottom the only way is up.

Im going to keep the faith and make the best of it.

When I am unable to function anymore,I am sure where ever I happen to be, the state will make sure I am taken care of.
    They will contact my son to let him know how I am and Until then, there are numerous others worse off than I.

I wont take the food out of the mouthes of those that need it more than I.

SSD does not take food from the mouths of needy people to put it in the mouths of other needy people. If you need help, you should seek it. While you were working, you paid a nice chunk of money out of every paycheck to support Social Security, including SSD. So go for it. My neighbor has applied and he didn't have to pay for the doctor appointment either.

You might actually check out that link I posted above if you sincerely want help out of the hole you fell into. If you don't live in the Detroit area, message me and let me know what city you are in, and I will see if I can find a similar resource where you are.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; September-13-09 at 09:03 PM.

UFO Guest

Gaz,
    I dont want a handout. For some srange reason I feel I deserve everything that is coming to me.
    I feel I need to experience this and yet in the same breath I am afraid to death of what I know is coming ,yet I welcome itwith open arms in a strange way.
    I think I need to hit rock bottom for some unknown reason. To truly understand the pain others are feeling.
    Dont judge me.
    Just please try to understand my fear and my curiousness of the sufering of others and my need to align myself to their levels in order to try and help them.

Dont judge me, This is just hat I am feeling.

ccbatson Guest

Need is not a moral argument to steal from others....PERIOD.

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Need is not a moral argument to steal from others....PERIOD.

dude you need some love.

HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCFKDj0C4A

ccbatson Guest

Remember that voluntary charity is perfectly all right...when imposed by government via confiscatory taxation to redistribute [[steal) wealth, it is slavery and tyranny.

UFO Guest

CC,

you need a hug
    Last edited by UFO; September-14-09 at 07:04 AM.

ccbatson Guest

I have more hugs than I know what to do with, thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast