Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Frank's Nursery and Crafts coming back??

After an 18 year absence from metro Detroit... right now it will only be an online store, but they eventually hope to bring back Frank's as a real store once again!!

https://www.wxyz.com/news/remember-f...rb37xnhCDrW9jA

It was a great store. I still have a couple sets of working Christmas lights from the 7 & Hayes store I bought in the 80's as well as a garden kneeling pad. A few years ago, hubby recently snapped the handle on my garden shears that I've had for 20+ years. I gorilla clued it It would be great to see brick and mortar stores again.
    Last edited by Maof; April-27-22 at 08:02 PM.

Right now, English Gardens is king of the Metro-Detroit flower shop.

I remember many of the buildings sat oddly empty for years after they closed up, but has it really been 18 years?

I hope they find some success, but it sure is a different environment compared to pre-internet days. For the most part, most everything one could buy at Frank's [[Back in the day) can be found at Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Amazon. The nursery stock not so much, but that would be a difficult task to pull off online, especially when considering shipping charges for oversized packages has skyrocketed.

Haven't heard any of this, but will it be anything like the attempt to revive Monkey Wards? Not sure if that 'new' site is still around.

Without opening actual stores I'm not excited about it.