Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Miggy's 3000th

Default Miggy's 3000th

Congrats to the Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera on passing the 3000 career hits mark to go along with last year passing the 500 home runs mark, two benchmarks of baseball greatness. First Tiger to pass the hit mark since Al Kaline.

And first Venezuelan player to do it.

Name:  ElMiggy.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  52.1 KB

Congrats Miggy! 3,000 hits, 500 homers, and a triple crown. He stands alone in that regard. The doubles are more impressive than the homers to me. It's not like he stretched a lot of singles during his career. He earned every one of them.
    Another interesting fact is his on base percentage since 2019 is still almost .340. Put a guy or two in scoring position and it still merits a mound visit from the opposing team to discuss some strategy. Best all-around right-handed hitter I've ever watched.

Too bad he plays for such a losing team. Hey, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Too bad he plays for such a losing team. Hey, just sayin'.
    Only 75 degrees out there today. Enjoy the Vegas Winter while it lasts!

Great job Miggy on your prefect game 3,000.

The 1st or 2nd best Tiger player of my lifetime. Him and Al Kaline, tough to decide who was the best. Two very different players. Kaline was a 5-tool guy. If Miggy had not played at Comerica, I really think he would have reached 500 HR's way earlier.

Congratulations Miggy!! 3,000 hits, 500 home runs, and a lifetime .300 average. Only 3 players are in that club: Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and now Miguel Cabrera! Pretty exclusive company.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The 1st or 2nd best Tiger player of my lifetime. Him and Al Kaline, tough to decide who was the best. Two very different players. Kaline was a 5-tool guy. If Miggy had not played at Comerica, I really think he would have reached 500 HR's way earlier.
    Miggy was always comfortable going the other way which helped at Comerica but that park has to mess a little with righties' heads. Look how much better Castellanos has become since leaving. Pitchers can just keep throwing away to most righties and then watch the ball die in right center.