Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Albert Kahn Exhibit at Detroit Historical Museum Opens 4/23

Albert Kahn: Innovation and Influence on 20th Century Architecture | Detroit Historical Society

Presented by the Albert Kahn Legacy Foundation, a non-profit 501c3 organization launched in 2020 to honor the life, innovations, and influence of Kahn, this new exhibition will tell Kahn's story through photos, video clips, maps and text panels, as well as both wood and Lego architectural models. Visitors will see Kahn's hand-drawn architectural sketches, artifacts from Kahn's office, and more.
    Channel 4 news segment about it:

https://youtu.be/Uhv3p79TMh0

Very nice, thanks Pam! I love the LEGO tie-in to Albert Kahn's work.

Jim Garrett, of Royal Oak, is one of America's premier LEGO model builder, who has spent 10s of thousands of dollars in building many iconic buildings of Detroit... to stunning effect.

His work is often shown at The Henry Ford, The Max, Detroit Historical Museum, and other locations around SE Michigan.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/decojim

Even though there are those on this forum that tease me about my association with LEGO [and its' publishing history]... it's not just for kids anymore!
    Last edited by Gistok; April-20-22 at 07:24 PM.