Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: 48205

Default 48205

Is this still the highest crime zip code in Detroit? Are gangs still prevalent? Is Regent Park near Kelly relatively safe?

48205 is still the RED ZONE.

The E. Seven Mile Bloods are now dormant since their founding leader is currently locked up in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Is this still the highest crime zip code in Detroit? Are gangs still prevalent? Is Regent Park near Kelly relatively safe?
    Is it still the highest crime zip code? Yes, I believe so. But crime is down across Detroit, so I believe it's still safer than it used to be.

i miss the eastside lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    48205 is still the RED ZONE.

The E. Seven Mile Bloods are now dormant since their founding leader is currently locked up in prison.
    48205 is NOT the red zone, only the Regent Park neighborhood in the 48205 is. As of 2022, Regent Park is nowhere near the worst neighborhood in Detroit.
    Last edited by Sehv313; April-08-22 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    48205 is NOT the red zone, only the Regent Park neighborhood in the 48205 is. As of 2022, Regent Park is nowhere near the worst neighborhood in Detroit.
    Do you have a source [[or sources) to back up what you say?
    Last edited by 313WX; April-09-22 at 07:20 AM.

That hood has been worst after Demtrius Booker and his Best Friends murder for hire gang, Maserati Rick and White Boy Rick did their things. Now the E. 7 Mile Bloods are trying make it their turf to corner drug dealing. The Detroit Police and DEA and FBI stop them all cold.

It's been 40 yrs since White Boy Rick has "done his thing"; time to let it go.
    That hood has been worst after Demtrius Booker and his Best Friends murder for hire gang, Maserati Rick and White Boy Rick did their things. Now the E. 7 Mile Bloods are trying make it their turf to corner drug dealing. The Detroit Police and DEA and FBI stop them all cold.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Do you have a source [[or sources) to back up what you say?
    https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-detroit-neighborhoods/

You sound like a exaggerated YouTube documentary narrator lol. Who is Demetrius Booker??? You mean Demetrius Holloway and the best friends who died in the 1980's. Best Friends territory was all over the eastside not just in one specific neighborhood so you're argument is invalid.

To be truthful dude, Ain't no "E 7 Mile Bloods" [[and I'm sure you're talking about the 55 SMB Hardwork boys who have been severely crippled from a 2018 indictment [[Source: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...018-Indictment) strong enough to make anything their turf when they are constantly getting bullied and shot at by 42 Hustle Boys since Neff died. You are seriously misinformed if you think The DPD, DEA, and FBI can't stop a small neighborhood clique who cant even go south of 7 Mile without being tortured by opposing sets. C'mon man.

And by the way, Corey and Jig both told, that alone can cripple a whole "gang". But I guess you got to be in these areas to really know that.
    Last edited by Sehv313; April-09-22 at 06:42 PM.

Your link doesn't say anything about the crime rate in 48205, and the other neighborhoods are deemed "worst" for a number of combined reasons besides their crime rate

Your link doesn't say anything about the crime rate in 48205, and the other neighborhoods are deemed "worst" for a number of combined reasons besides their crime rate
    48205 is a zip code, not a neighborhood. I was referring to the Regent Park/Red zone hood specifically, not the entire zip code itself. As I don't know if crime by zip data has been released for 2022 yet.
    Last edited by Sehv313; April-09-22 at 04:59 PM.

48205 is a zip code, not a neighborhood. I was referring to the Regent Park/Red zone hood specifically, not the entire zip code itself. As I don't know if crime by zip data has been released for 2022 yet.
    In your earlier post, you said 48205 is *NOT* the red zone, which I assume you were suggesting that zip code doesn't have the highest crime in the city. That's what I was referring to when asking for a source.

And no one suggested Regent Park is the worst neighborhood in the city. But it is located in 48205.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-09-22 at 05:17 PM.

In your earlier post, you said 48205 is *NOT* the red zone, which I assume you were suggesting that zip code doesn't have the highest crime in the city. That's what I was referring to when asking for a source.
    I tend to stay away from zip code data in Detroit as it is almost over 20 different types of neighborhoods in each individual zip code.

For example; Highland Park, MI and Palmer Woods share the same zip code 48203, as well as Brightmoor and North Rosedale Park sharing 48223 and their crime rates are extremely different.

And no one suggested Regent Park is the worst neighborhood in the city. But it is located in 48205.
    To avoid further confusion;

The Regent Park neighborhood are the only boundaries of the "Red Zone". The Regent Park neighborhood is inside 48205 zip code. The entire 48205 zip code is not the "Red Zone", only 1 neighborhood inside it is.

Source: 2018 SMB Indictment [Page 3] under "1. The Enterprise"
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ent/p2/a406600

To avoid further confusion;

The Regent Park neighborhood are the only boundaries of the "Red Zone". The Regent Park neighborhood is inside 48205 zip code. The entire 48205 zip code is not the "Red Zone", only 1 neighborhood inside it is.

Source: 2018 SMB Indictment [Page 3] under "1. The Enterprise"
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ent/p2/a406600
    Thanks for providing that link. I see what you're trying to say now

I think the confusion stems from the fact that "Red Zone" is the label for a specific part of 48205 that is/was the turf for this gang.

But just because the gang's turf is/was in this specific part of 48205 doesn't mean the crime problems in 48205 were/are all concentrated in this so-called Red Zone. 48205 as a whole may still the highest crime rate in the city compared to other zip codes, which is what the OP was questioning.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-09-22 at 08:59 PM.

... but has the O.P. received the answer he's looking for?

Yes. Stay clear of 48205

Why would anyone ever venture into that area unless you already lived there. Nothing but houses and a few fast food restaurants really.

As of 2022, Regent Park is nowhere near the worst neighborhood in Detroit.
    So, what's the worst? Many areas of the Detroit suburbs inside 8 Mile look bad, but statistically where is the worst?

I couldn't tell you how it compares to the other 28 zipcodes in the city, but from 2011 to 2019, murders dropped 50%, robberies dropped 45%, and assaults dropped 8%. This is all before the COVID crime bump so some of that progress has probably been reversed since then.

The City rolled out a slew of programs to drop in crime in the area. Programs such as an FBI investigation into the 7 mile bloods, Project Ceasefire, ShotSpotter, intensive blight removal, Greenlight along retail corridors, and intensive non-profit and foundation investment into community initiatives.

Walking around the area, it certainly feels like some neighborhoods have turned a leaf [[although they are far from their former glory). Von Steuben, Mohican Regent, Greenbrier, and the north half of Regent Park are still fairly solid; in all of these neighborhoods I see far more blighted houses currently undergoing renovations than being torn down. Pulaski and LaSalle College Park are deteriorating quickly but still have some solid streets. Mapleridge is now Brightmore levels of fucked.
    Last edited by louis; April-13-22 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Why would anyone ever venture into that area unless you already lived there. Nothing but houses and a few fast food restaurants really.
    You can make that argument for most of Detroit then. What’s funny is that that area has a lot more resources than a lot of Detroit neighborhoods. Direct line to 8 Mile, Gratiot, small shoppes on 7 Mile, Minutes away from Harper Woods, Warren, Eastpointe, Grosse Point Park. Compare that to people who live on Vandyke & Harper, 6 Mile & Davison, Mt Elliot & Miller, Shoemaker & Cadillac. Those neighborhoods are the real food and business deserts not Regent Park.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    So, what's the worst? Many areas of the Detroit suburbs inside 8 Mile look bad, but statistically where is the worst?
    What does inside of 8 Mile mean, and what suburbs are you referring to? The city is South of 8 Mile Road and the suburbs are North.

But to answer your question, I could care less about which part of Detroit is the most dangerous because I proceeded with caution regardless because anything happens anywhere here. I feel no safer on Joy and Dexter than I do Downtown. It’s all the same to me but I still frequent these areas because I choose not to live in fear. As long as you use wisdom and don’t bother anyone, then Detroiters typically will leave you alone, just mind your business and you’ll be fine in any neighborhood.

True that Sehv313