Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Access to Canada

How easy is it to cross the border these days? Is travel still limited to property owners and "essential workers"? Will the tunnel bus ever start running again? Is private automobile the only way to cross? Can one taxi or use a rideshare? Are there many Canadians on this site I wonder.

Anyone can now cross. There is no testing requirement. You are required to be vaccinated and are required to fill out the "Arrive Canada" app with your vaccination proof uploaded to it prior to arrival. I expected this last requirement to be lifted shortly however this week we are seeing another surge in cases which they are calling the 6th wave. I can't see them re-starting the tunnel bus as long as everyone would have to complete the app. It would be time-consuming to look at each passenger's app. I thought about this with Tiger games starting in another week, as lots of people come over from Windsor on the bus. Don't know about taxi/ride share but they probably aren't running, again because of the app nuisance.

Its a shame about the vaccination requirement. I'm not getting it and would like to take a ride over there to check out grand bend and other spots. Looks like its not gonna happen any time soon.

My humble advice: Vote Republican if you're American and Conservative if you're Canadian. The parties of chaos [Democratic/Liberal] apparently don't have any problem with letting people who aren't supposed to be in the country cross borders freely, but think twice about letting law-abiding citizens do it. I was a long-time center-left Canadian voter but come 2025 I'm going to vote for the candidate who's the most conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Its a shame about the vaccination requirement. I'm not getting it and would like to take a ride over there to check out grand bend and other spots. Looks like its not gonna happen any time soon.
    There are other border crossings,albeit a bit remote but a private taxi will take you up to the crossing and you simply walk across,when it’s time to come back,just call the taxi person again and they will pick you up,the only paper required is cash to pay the taxi.

Funny how the Canadian government doesn't require people who arrive in Canada illegally to fill out the "Arrive Canada" app or submit proof of vaccination, but subject law-abiding citizens to a time-consuming, ineffective and "needlessly complex" ArriveCan app [Toronto Star December 15,2021] to enter the country. Don't be surprised if the "Arrive Canada" app goes down because it can't handle the volume and leaves thousands of Canadians unable to re-enter Canada.
    Last edited by Margaret's boy; March-30-22 at 04:42 PM.

^ you are fixing to find out when all of the snowbirds head back up.