Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default North American International Auto Show

I see that the Auto Show will be held in Detroit this year. Why is it in September instead of June like originally planned before the pandemic? June is a much warmer month than September and the Auto show could had coincide with the Grand Prix

You mean the NAIAS. Yeah that would be great! I used to volunteer at the CCS [College for Creative Studies] display for several years. Miss that and going thru the show - looking at and sitting in the various cars.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-28-22 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    You mean the NAIAS. Yeah that would be great! I used to volunteer at the CCS [College for Creative Studies] display for several years. Miss that and going thru the show - looking at and sitting in the various cars.
    Yes. Sorry for the typo

How many global automakers have now pulled out of the show? All three of the big German luxury brands, Porche, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, etc. Then the pandemic and now the show is changing its date. What happened? Is this still an important show for the global industry? Or do trade shows even matter anymore? What does this mean for Detroit?

Yes, the Rumors are true. The NAIAS will be held in September.

https://naias.com/news/auto-show-ret...september-2022

It least it does not disrupt the Arts, Beats and Eats and the Detroit Jazz Fest. And the weather is still warm and mild in September.

September is plenty warm in SE Michigan; better than sweating your way through in July

It was postponed because of Covid. It's already been cancelled for over 2 years and when they had to make a decision a few months ago covid numbers were still very high. Better safe than sorry and have to postpone/cancel again.
    Last edited by 401don; March-01-22 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It was postponed because of Covid. It's already been cancelled for over 2 years and when they had to make a decision a few months ago covid numbers were still very high. Better safe than sorry and have to postpone/cancel again.
    It's being held in September. It will be political if it's canceled this year after Detroit had already held large events at the former Cobo Hall including the upcoming Autorama

All three of the big German luxury brands, Porche, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, etc.

No problem. Buy American, you dumb people.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    It's being held in September. It will be political if it's canceled this year after Detroit had already held large events at the former Cobo Hall including the upcoming Autorama
    It's possible that it still may be cancelled. PS..everything is not
    political..

No idea what you're saying. I know it's being held in September. You asked why it was moved to then and I told you. I don't know why you would surmise it might be cancelled this year, maybe another one of your conspiracy theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    All three of the big German luxury brands, Porche, Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, etc.

Exactly the attitude that lead to the dominance of foreign automakers in several key markets. Just saying "buy American" is basically putting blinders on and ignoring the competition. In fact, in March last year, Toyota sold more cars in the US than GM.

I assume you're talking about buying a Camry?
    https://www.myalexandertoyota.com/bl...ta-camry-made/

No idea what you're saying. I know it's being held in September. You asked why it was moved to then and I told you. I don't know why you would surmise it might be cancelled this year, maybe another one of your conspiracy theories?
    Former Detroiter had texted that it is possible that it still maybe canceled. Please read

Former Detroiter had texted that it is possible that it still maybe canceled. Please read
    Nice try. He texted that while quoting YOUR text. He was responding to you and agreeing with me by saying that it could still be cancelled but that doesn't make it political.

Hah! I don't do European cars, but we've purchased many awesome Toyota's. USED mind you. Not taking jobs from Americans. Plus the last Toyota's purchased were made in Kentucky! Not Japan.

So, well, I guess I will wring my hands and what-not, driving our used Toyota vehicles. Fueled by gasoline derived from oil from Russia whom we're not exactly getting on with right now [because for politics this admin. killed off our former oil independence]!

And we PAY THEM [Russia] and others DAILY for the privilege.

So much for Buy American..........

Lot's a 'dumb' going about I'd say on several levels - increasingly!

Last edited by Zacha341; March-03-22 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! I don't do European cars, but we've purchased many awesome Toyota's. USED mind you. Not taking jobs from Americans. Plus the last Toyota's purchased were made in Kentucky! Not Japan.

So, well, I guess I will wring my hands and what-not, driving our used Toyota vehicles. Fueled by gasoline derived from oil from Russia whom we're not exactly getting on with right now [because for politics this admin. killed off our former oil independence]!

And we PAY THEM [Russia] and others DAILY for the privilege.

So much for Buy American..........

Lot's a 'dumb' going about I'd say on several levels - increasingly!

It's time to trade to gas guzzler for a EV.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's time to trade to gas guzzler for a EV.
    Why? Gas is so cheap in the U.S. We're over 7 bucks a gallon here across the border.

Why? Gas is so cheap in the U.S. We're over 7 bucks a gallon here across the border.
    That's amazing. I was going to ask about that then I remembered these charts on DetroitGasPrices.com.

Any auto show today is counter productive. ALL cars look practically the same, so who GAF? Ain't like the fifties.

Any auto show today is counter productive. ALL cars look practically the same, so who GAF? Ain't like the fifties.

Yeah. Whatever happened to them fins, Ray?

Said the person who clearly has never owned a real luxury automobile in their life. Cadillac, Lincoln, and...oh wait, Stellantis doesn't even have a luxury brand...are crap buckets compared to European luxury cars. I see so many Caddies driving around this city - one of the poorest in the U.S. - it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KnnNike View Post
    Said the person who clearly has never owned a real luxury automobile in their life. Cadillac, Lincoln, and...oh wait, Stellantis doesn't even have a luxury brand...are crap buckets compared to European luxury cars. I see so many Caddies driving around this city - one of the poorest in the U.S. - it's ridiculous.
    Are Cadillacs and Lincolns "crap buckets" compared to Mercedes and BMW's? I think that statement is way overboard. Are they the equal? Probably not in some respects. Are they close? Yes, I think so. It really depends on what you want in a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Are Cadillacs and Lincolns "crap buckets" compared to Mercedes and BMW's? I think that statement is way overboard. Are they the equal? Probably not in some respects. Are they close? Yes, I think so. It really depends on what you want in a vehicle.
    The CT4 & 5 are really nice sedans. Reviews have been great, especially for the V models. It's too bad the chip shortage has really hurt sales.

Detroit Auto Show 2022: A first look behind the scenes of the indoor-outdoor fall event
    https://www.wxyz.com/news/detroit-au...oor-fall-event

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast