Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dirtbikes/Mini-bikes/Quad's: Ahhhh...The Sounds of Summer are Back!!!

Summer's Back!

Just saw/HEARD! my first group of about 40 mini-bikes, dirt bikes, quads doing wheelies, running red lights, swerving in and out of traffic at Woodward and Warren [[with two up on the sidewalk!!!). Of course, a police car just drove on by...... Gotta love the lawlessness....

Hah! I saw a man on a sidewalk-only mini-bike contraption flying down the center lane of Woodward heading into Highland Park. Nearly dark - wearing dark.

I wonder how far he made it before the HP police pulled him over!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-09-22 at 08:20 PM.

The annual thinning of the herd begins.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    Summer's Back!

Just saw/HEARD! my first group of about 40 mini-bikes, dirt bikes, quads doing wheelies, running red lights, swerving in and out of traffic at Woodward and Warren [[with two up on the sidewalk!!!). Of course, a police car just drove on by...... Gotta love the lawlessness....
    In a practical sense, the police have no way to stop them. The cannot forcibly stop/shoot/tase these riders...the first time someone gets injured in that process, people will say "racist" and the lawsuits will fly. And my understanding from talking with several local precinct captains is that even when these guys do get busted, local judges are letting them go with a small fine and they get their vehicle back.

I believe DPD has been petitioning the BOPC to be able to use "stop sticks" to at least deflate the tires of these vehicles, but that hasn't been implemented yet. And if all you're getting is a slap on the wrist because the judges lives in the suburbs and doesn't see the harm that these groups are causing...well, of course you're just going to keep on doin'

Too bad they can't shoot. This is blatant disregard for the law and slap in the face to every cop that has to just sit back and watch. Natural selection still happens-one can hope.

I for one, am glad that the police can't just shoot at someone for riding an annoying dirt bike in the middle of the city, even if it isn't street legal.

State police tased that kid a few years back when he was running from them on an ATV. Predictable outcomes the criminal died, lawyers jumped in, the parents were on TV talking about what a "good kid" he was, the officer went to jail.

Cases like this send a strong message to police and perps. To police it says, don't bother enforcing laws. The perps learn if they run they'll face 0 consequences.

Until we stop feeling sorry for criminals who get injured or die while resisting or running from police things won't get better.

Umm, NO. I don't think we need to go for executions-while-in-motion.

We had a state trooper attempt to stop [by shooting a taser thru the passenger winder from driver side] illegally ATV driving Damon Grimes. Causing an accident killing Grimes who could have killed/ injured others.

I'm NOT the bleeding-heart, soft on crime policy type, but LEO's do need to think about what force they're using per these situations encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Too bad they can't shoot. This is blatant disregard for the law and slap in the face to every cop that has to just sit back and watch. Natural selection still happens-one can hope.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-11-22 at 05:50 AM.

This is a thread about ATVs, not political rants about the Canadian border

^ OK... Where are the 'Canadian border' entries, mentions, or references?

I propose a large tank of water, installed in a very visible place.

Every single off road vehicle confiscated for on road use gets dumped into it within an an hour or two of impound. No exceptions.

Leave it for public display.

Pull the tires before immersion. Skim the oils, fuels and other fluids off the top of the tank for disposal or recycling. Leave the junk to rot.

Toss in the gavels and robes of Judges who disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ OK... Where are the 'Canadian border' entries, mentions, or references?
    It looks like the post was deleted.