Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Grim Reaper won in Michigan in 2020

Even without Covid, although that increased the margin immensely.

"In the first year of the pandemic, 104,149 babies were born in Michigan but 117,087 people died in the state, Metzger said - an overall population loss of 12,938.

"Among them were 11,362 Michigan residents who died from COVID-19, according to the state health department's 2020 mortality data, which counts only people for whom COVID- 19 was listed as the underlying rate, an aging population and a lack of immigrants, Metzger said, COVID-19 exacerbated an already downward population spiral that could have wide-reaching economic and political implications for the state."

Last one escaping into Ohio, turn out the lights.

We can spare a couple million people here in the Toronto area. No idea where we're going to put the constant influx.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Last one escaping into Ohio, turn out the lights.
    lol, Nevada is full ?

Sometimes I see almost as many Michigan plates in the Highway as Florida plates in the past couple of years,but there also has been a large uptick of elderly selling their Florida properties and remaining in Michigan verses retirement here.
    Last edited by Richard; January-26-22 at 06:01 PM.

What often happens is people retire to sunbelts--until they get terminal. Then they come home to be with family and die. Sunbelt gets their retirement money, snowbelt gets their last days care expense and mortality rates.

All we see in Nevada is CA plates, escaping the commune.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    All we see in Nevada is CA plates, escaping the commune.
    You’ll never see this Californian moving there. Nor do I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    lol, Nevada is full ?
    "We got plenty of room. But we doan' got much water."

By the way, this photo clip that I often use is a shot from Bogart's "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"; a classic film with a classic cast. I love the clip; with apologies to my Hispanic friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ray1936; January-26-22 at 09:38 PM.