Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another Judge That Needs To Be Removed

The one that thinks a a 10% bond is OK for a dirtbag that sets somebody on fire.

I agree.

Do to lack of a link and an inability to mind read,I did a search,apparently going back as far as 2019 there has been a local judge that seems to have a history of setting $500 bail for attempted murder charges,even gave a Mexican drug lord a $200 bond after getting caught with 9 kilos of cocaine,the guy has not been heard from yet after he skipped.

Of course currently some seem to be receiving $500,000 bonds for manslaughter accusations so I guess it all depends on where you fall into the color scale.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news...-judge-for-500

These ones go back to 2017

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/local-judges-exposed-for-releasing-habitual-violent-offenders-on-low-bail
    Last edited by Richard; January-24-22 at 12:34 AM.

Ok! Enough of the wonderment, or mind-reading:

Our Detroit DA Kym Worthy has made national news re. extremely low bail setting for alleged violent person... [great spotlight for the city - not]...

This again brings up the downsides of lenient bail reform and what constitutes felonious actions vs. misdemeanors where violence is involved or pending.

Especially concerning as violent crime explodes across the US, particularly concentrated in some cities [NYC, Chicago, SF, Baltimore etc].

Story Headline:

Detroit man granted $5k bond days after 'setting his pregnant-with-twins girlfriend on fire and burning 60% of her body'

Democrat DA who supports bail reform admits bond was 'woefully inadequate'

• Convicted drug dealer Devonne Marsh allegedly doused his 26-year-old girlfriend with lighter fluid and ignited her on fire after the pair had an argument
    • The woman, who was 27 weeks pregnant with twins, suffered burns to 60 percent of her body and remains hospitalized in critical condition
    • It remains unknown whether her unborn babies will survive the attack
    • Marsh was granted a $5,000 bond...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iend-fire.html

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...g-her-on-fire/
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-24-22 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    and what constitutes felonious actions
    You set another person on fire, you get held without bail. Period.

No debate.

And no bold font.

^ While we have crime no doubt in the D. I've been comforted, somewhat, that we've not succumbed to the 'reflexive' defund-the-police and novel catch n' release policies full-out. Policies which IMO are dangerous, engineered experiments [sounding virtuous as bantered among the intellectuals and politicians] resulting in very damaged communities.

As a native Detroiter I clearly recall not so long ago the outrage and demand to have more police presence and support. Not less. I understanding beyond politics the severe problem and outworking of inadequate punishment for crimes and lawbreaking, and the lack police and fire response!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-22 at 07:20 AM.

I don't care how you look at it, bond/bail reform or not, this is NOT a case where the person should have been able to get out on 5 grand:

"On Sunday, Jan. 16, Marsh was charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, felonious assault, possession of a firearm by a felon, and domestic violence. That day, he was arraigned in the 36th District Court and received a $50,000/10% bond with an order of no contact with the victim, no firearms, no use of controlled substance."

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/01/b...d-on-fire.html

This is multiple charges of violence and with a prior violent history.

At least they refiled and came up with a $750K cash/surety:

"Marsh is charged with one count of assault with intent to murder, one count of delivery or manufacturing of a controlled substance – less than 50 grams, one count of assault with intent to do great bodily harm – less than murder, three counts of felon in possession, two counts of felony firearm, one count of felonious assault, one count of assault and battery of a pregnant individual, and one count of domestic violence."

I support Judicial accountability. If these accused re-offend before trial, the Judge[s] should be charged as complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I support Judicial accountability. If these accused re-offend before trial, the Judge[s] should be charged as complicit.
    Yes! But the bleeding heart liberals of this nation will demand free bail for all accused. Well, until one of their kids gets offed, that is.

^ The obvious elitism of politicians and lawmakers passing these laws [upon the recipients they claim to affirm] really gets me. From their royal enclosures, with great ease they advocate laws and policies not impacting them.

We see them operating from cognitive dissonance [a bubble of assumed safety] BELIEVING they'll NOT be effected. Then finally they too are touched...

Congresswoman Cori Bush’s car hit by gunfire in St Louis
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-22 at 07:30 AM.

^^ Thread morph, but I'm more interested in punishing lawmakers who break laws themselves.

Cawthorn carrying weapons onto school property, or cases like these:

Rep. Suzi Carlson Is Third Kansas Legislator Arrested for DUI in Past Year
    Newsweek|17 hours ago
    One other state lawmaker was arrested after allegedly kicking a student while working as a substitute teacher.

https://www.newsweek.com/rep-suzi-ca...t-year-1675194

'The judge got it wrong': City prosecutor rails against lawmaker's acquittal in DUI case
    KHNL|24 days ago
    HONOLULU [[HawaiiNewsNow) - City Prosecutor Steve Alm says the acquittal of a state lawmaker in a high-profile ... ruling that could affect hundreds of DUI and other misdemeanor cases.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/0...der-influence/

It seems that every time there's an election I find myself searching the web for judges' names but coming up empty handed.

Does anyone know of a good source of information? Maybe a website that archives descriptions of notable cases that judges have decided?

And no, I'm not looking for partisan information. They're judges for crying out loud.

All judges are bad. But my rules of thumb are to not vote for anyone with two first names, e.g., John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Andrew Jackson, etc., or anyone with two last names like Rodham Clinton.

Other than that, it's a crap shoot. And if ever confronted with the "majesty of the law" you should be wealthy and have expensive lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    All judges are bad. But my rules of thumb are to not vote for anyone with two first names, e.g., John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Andrew Jackson, etc., or anyone with two last names like Rodham Clinton.

Other than that, it's a crap shoot. And if ever confronted with the "majesty of the law" you should be wealthy and have expensive lawyers.
    I’m glad you’re not a Henry Wally. Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I’m glad you’re not a Henry Wally. Lawl
    Used to be before I legally changed it to a more trustworthy name. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It seems that every time there's an election I find myself searching the web for judges' names but coming up empty handed.

Does anyone know of a good source of information? Maybe a website that archives descriptions of notable cases that judges have decided?...
    Well, I guess not.

Here's to yet another election by an uninformed electorate.