Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default MSP Under The Gun For Bias

Review of Michigan State Police Shows Black Drivers Disproportionately Pulled Over in 2020

African American motorists were 231 percent more likely to be searched in comparison to white motorists, according to the review.

https://www.newsweek.com/review-mich...r-2020-1668872

I didn't find a link to the actual review report. I wanted to see how many of the officers involved in these incidences we themselves black.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I didn't find a link to the actual review report. I wanted to see how many of the officers involved in these incidences we themselves black.

I want to know how many of the guns were legally registered.

".....as well as 155 percent more likely to be arrested compared to white motorists,"

"These findings demand immediate action"
    said Col Gasper

Well, perhaps they demand action, or perhaps they don't.

Were the black motorists 155% as likely [55% more likely] to have a warrant out for their arrest? Or found to have unregistered guns / illegal drugs in their vehicle?

If not, then yeah, it demands action, but if so, well, hats off to the MSP for cleaning up the streets.

I hate articles like this that give us a small fraction of the information needed to make a judgement, and then tell you what to think about it.