Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    UFO Guest

Default Glenn Beck using 9/11

Sometimes he is such a dirtbag.
    Maddow is right about this .
    Using 9/11 for a march on Washington is completely out of line.

He could have easily set this up for another time.\\

Why cant the pundits on any of these shows ever be completely honest.
    They are all dirtbags to some extent.

Funny people on this planet.Both worlds.

Lorax Guest

More dirtbags coming from the Reich, sorry.

If you want a serious debate, then anything coming from the Australian fascist Rupert Murdoch's empire of yellow "journalism" needs to be ignored implicitly.

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    More dirtbags coming from the Reich, sorry.

If you want a serious debate, then anything coming from the Australian fascist Rupert Murdoch's empire of yellow "journalism" needs to be ignored implicitly.
    You have to learn to pick and choose what is right and what is wrong.

Sorry you feel the need for absolute allegiance . Its really scary actually.
    Last edited by UFO; September-11-09 at 09:54 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Using 911 to underscore the sentiment that this country's identity is freedom, and that is what was attacked on 911, and currently being attacked by liberals. We rightfully responded and defended ourselves after 911, but have yet to do so as a people with this attack from within. The march tomorrow is an important step in rectifying that error.....thank you Glen Beck.

UFO Guest

Regardless of my disagreement with the timing,I find it funny that there is absolutely no coverage of this event on television what so ever.

Strange actually. I can remember that whenever 100s of thousands gathered at the mall in previous times it was always on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Regardless of my disagreement with the timing,I find it funny that there is absolutely no coverage of this event on television what so ever.

Strange actually. I can remember that whenever 100s of thousands gathered at the mall in previous times it was always on the news.
    It's on right now. I just saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Using 911 to underscore the sentiment that this country's identity is freedom, and that is what was attacked on 911, and currently being attacked by liberals. We rightfully responded and defended ourselves after 911, but have yet to do so as a people with this attack from within. The march tomorrow is an important step in rectifying that error.....thank you Glen Beck.
    Huh? Attacked by a group of Saudis, who received financial support from Saudi businesses and mosques....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    It's on right now. I just saw it.

Its on FOX, I have seen no other network even whisper it much else covering it

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Huh? Attacked by a group of Saudis, who received financial support from Saudi businesses and mosques....
    You and I and everyone else with a smidgen of common sense knows that our ties to oil run much deeper than bush and his cronies.

Our oil love affair began in 1933 with FDR. Tere is no hiding facts.

He aligned our nation with the wahhabi overthrow of the powers in what is nw S.A.

And ever since then, they having been screwing us without the petroleum jelly.

Damn, could you guys be truthful some of the time please?

9/11 either happened because OBL wanted to send a message that the money belongs to the people and not the US and the royal family or
    OBL works for the royal family and they sent us a message to stop screwing them out of their share of the oil profits
    and that belons to dems and republicans
    Pick your poison, either way, 3000 innocent people died for money. No other reason.
    Last edited by UFO; September-12-09 at 09:12 PM.

UFO Guest

OMG, NBC actually showed this on their world news . Amazing.

Regarding my opening topic, scratch that. I now see why 9.12 is being used after his explanation today.

I was wrong in my original thoughts and so was Maddow. He is right.
    Last edited by UFO; September-12-09 at 08:14 PM.

UFO, you are correct:
    "...He aligned our nation with the wahhabi overthrow of the powers in what is nw S.A..."

But, what do you think the reaction would be from the wacko right wing nut jobs if Obama kissed the Saudi prince or king on the lips while holding his hand?
    They freaked out when he suggested that school children work and study hard.

Using 911 to underscore the sentiment that this country's identity is freedom, and that is what was attacked on 911,
    Our freedom wasn't attacked. Our alleged imperialism was attacked. That was the justification given by the perpetrator, not our freedom. He doesn't give a damn about our freedom, he just wants us out of Saudi Arabia.
    and currently being attacked by liberals.
    I disagree. Our freedom is under attack from reactionaries who would return us to the 19th Century, spy on us, restrict our travel, send troops halfway around the world to attack folks who did us no harm, detain people indefinitely without charge, and tell us its all to "keep us safe".

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    UFO, you are correct:
    "...He aligned our nation with the wahhabi overthrow of the powers in what is nw S.A..."

But, what do you think the reaction would be from the wacko right wing nut jobs if Obama kissed the Saudi prince or king on the lips while holding his hand?
    They freaked out when he suggested that school children work and study hard.
    Doesnt make a difference he already bowed to him. Kissing, bowing, same shit.
    Obama is in the pocket also as far as I am concerned .
    Give Obama a couple hundred million more and he too will be swapping spittle with the king.
    But Im still hopeful some things here in America may change for the people even if the governments greed wont.

Unless Obama severs all ties from these people the west will never be safe.

The sad part of all of this is , is that innocent people are hurt all for the pursuit of black gold.
    Last edited by UFO; September-12-09 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    You have to learn to pick and choose what is right and what is wrong
    aka read what coincides with your personal political beliefs, and ignore the opposition
    and dont forget to label free independant thinkers 'kooks' and 'nutjobs'

ccbatson Guest

No, our freedom...we were over in the middle east either pursuing our interests with agreement by the leaders and laws of the concerned nations, or, we were over there protecting our allies and our own interests. THAT IS NOT IMPERIALISTIC.

No, our freedom...we were over in the middle east either pursuing our interests with agreement by the leaders and laws of the concerned nations,
    ...like Iraq, who had an agreement that if Saddam pissed us off too much we could go over and hang his ass. Oh, wait...we didn't have such an agreement...mybad.
    or, we were over there protecting our allies and our own interests.
    Exactly which ally were we protecting in that last invasion? At least King George I had the legitimate justification of our treaties with Kuwait. What did W have? Oh, that's right..."Weapons of Mass Destruction". Which weren't there, it turns out. And it also turns out we already knew that.
    THAT IS NOT IMPERIALISTIC.
    Don't tell me. Tell bin Laden. Maybe he'll listen. Maybe he's a fan of Rand and an Objectivist at heart and just needs a little encouragement to come out of the closet.

The fact remains that bin Laden doesn't give two shits--or even one shit--about our "freedoms". He just wants our troops out of his country. So your characterization of his motives is totally off the mark.

Thanks for playing, and you win our home version of the "What Can I Distort To Promote My Political Agenda This Time?" game.

ccbatson Guest

Tell the criminal genocidal terrorist about law? Morality? After he has committed these acts of war? Unnecessary....you go to war with him.

People at the Glenn Beck thing confused by satire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1I9xsV-g9Y

ccbatson Guest

Clever demonstration, just completely factually wrong. Can't have everything libs.

Default 9/11 was blowback

"Plenty of reasonable people can disagree about foreign policy. What's really strange is when one reasonable position is completely and forcibly excluded from the public debate."" Every close observer of the events of those days knows full well that these crimes were acts of revenge for US policy in the Muslim world. The CIA and the 911 Commission said as much, the terrorists themselves proclaimed it, and Osama underscored the point by naming three issues in particular: US troops in Saudi Arabia, US sanctions against Iraq, and US funding of Israeli expansionism."

Other reasons for 9/11: Not listed, but I also remember Bin Laden saying that the west should be paying over $100/barrel for oil long before it ever reached that price.Some think that one of Bin Ladens's sons was killed in a US bombing. Now that we have bombed Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, the blowback theory would suggest that such bombing has motivated a new generation of suicide bombers that we haven't yet encountered.

Ron Paul on Blowback http://mises.org/story/2588
    This is the best articulation of this theory I've heard from anyone in either party although Nader and Kucinich would agree on just about everything in this article.

Tell the criminal genocidal terrorist about law? Morality? After he has committed these acts of war? Unnecessary....you go to war with him.
    And make specious claims that he's "attacked our freedom", when he's done nothing of the sort.

He's attacked us, yes, but not because we have "freedom".

Your perfect record of mischaracterizing every situation remains intact and unchallenged.

Glenn Beck 9/11 nuggets...
    You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. It took me about a year. Um, and I had such compassion for them and I really, you know, I wanted to help them, and I was behind -- let's give them money, let's get them started, and all of this stuff. And I really didn't -- all the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them, I hate about, probably about ten of them. But when I see 9/11 victim family, you know, on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up.' I'm so sick of them. Because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them.
    Glenn wasn't sure whom he hated more, victims of Katrina or the 9/11 families.
    But the second thought I had when I saw these people and they had to shut down the Astrodome and lock it down, I thought: I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims.
    But one thing you'll never hear Mr. Beck acknowledge.... Obama has now kept America safe four days [[and counting) longer than GWB.
    Last edited by bailey; September-15-09 at 01:38 PM.

More of the clueless at the Glenn Beck rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1HFzw8lF7k

ccbatson Guest

So true Pam, we should disregard the, now confirmed, hundreds of thousands of these people.

So true Pam, we should disregard the, now confirmed, hundreds of thousands of these people.
    DC fire and rescue says 60-70k. Even the right wing blogosphere has noted the areal photos were fake...and likely from the promise keepers march in 2004 The curious absence of buildings that should be there was a dead giveaway. But Beck still says 1.7 million. I mean c'mon.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast