Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Swingin' Jazz Tonight 9/11/2009 at Cliff Bells

RJ Spangler's Planet D Nonet will be fronted by Buddy Smith tonight at Cliff Bells, y'all should come on out for some live music in this fabulous joint.

They are introducing their new 45 rpm single, Country Girl.

Find it on the Planet D Nonet MySpace page...http://www.myspace.com/planetdnonet. Look for Country Girl.

These guys are TIGHT and can really put on the swing. Caught them at a noontime show out in Southfield a few weeks back, and even in a rainstorm they kicked it.

If you haven't been down to Cliff Bells yet, you owe it to yourself to enjoy these Detroit cats...and discover Buddy Smith, one of the city's wonderful unique talents.

Cheers, see y'all...just don't talk to me when the music is playin'.

I second Gannon's post.
    It's not just the music. Good people and a good vibe, in a great old building. Did I mention the music?