Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default End of the year update on stalled or proposed developments and groundbreakings

Was wondering if we can do an end of the year update list on when some of these projects will break ground:

La Joya Gardens - 2021 [[Supposedly)
    AC Hotel - Fall 2021 [[Supposedly)
    Ralph C Wilson Centennial Park - Spring 2022
    The Mid - Q2/Q3 2022
    UM DCI - 2023

Amtrak Development -
    Brewster Douglas Development -
    Broadway Lofts -
    City Club Apartment Midtown -
    Coda Detroit -
    Complex 444 -
    Emagine Movie Theater - [[Big Sean recently posted, but no date) -
    Gateway Development [[Gratiot) -
    Glass Mural Building [[Eastern Market) -
    Hastings Place -
    Innovation District -
    Michigan and Church Development -
    Midtown West Phase 2 -
    Monroe Blocks [[Since Monroe Drive-In is back assuming minimum summer 2022 likely much later) -
    MSU/Henry Ford New Center Campus -
    Related Companies Cass Corrider Development-
    Southwest Detroit Development [[Across Honey Bee Market) -
    The Louis Development [[Joe Louis Area Site) -

That is a good list. I look forward to the comments and responses,

You're welcome to do the research and post the comprehensive list yourself considering the information is all available online. And remember, have fun with it!

Add one more to the list...

Park Avenue House - NW corner of Park Ave. & Montcalm, 1st proposal fell thru, but a 2nd proposal was announced for a hotel for that building.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Add one more to the list...

Park Avenue House - NW corner of Park Ave. & Montcalm, 1st proposal fell thru, but a 2nd proposal was announced for a hotel for that building.
    The list mainly includes ground up new development which is why renovations weren't included. The Broadway Lofts and Coda Detroit were debatable since they are a hybrid, but most of it is new construction.

Some recent articles:
    Amtrak Development - 2023
    Related Companies Cass Corrider Development -> 3rd & Charlotte - Late 2022

City Club Apartments Midtown - Q3

Several I'm following with no solid start dates.. some are still in concept yet:

• Atwater/Riopelle Apartments – CGP
    • Gratiot/St. Aubin – Infill on the Cut – Gensler
    • Rivertown Warehouse District – Gensler, design on Bedrock's recent acquisitions I think
    • Eastern Market Gateway; Gratiot/Russel SW corner – Perkins&Will – it's bad lol
    • Busy Bee Properties; Gratiot/Russel NE corner – Basco
    Last edited by kuuma; December-26-21 at 02:15 PM.

More stalled projects:

Mosaic Eastern Market [[3500 Riopelle) - accelerator for food entrepreneurs, a mix of food-based businesses, and 16,680 square feet of restaurant space. Most of the building will be completed by mid-2021 and could include a mix of restaurants, breweries and professional service firms.

Redevelopment and new construction at Van Dyke/E. Jefferson. The development in the city's West Village neighborhood will include commercial space and 36 residential units of mixed-income housing. The project involves the demolition of a parking structure, construction of a mixed-use building and rehabilitating surrounding buildings

Osi Apartments [[Grand River in Woodbridge) - of a four-story, mixed-use building along the Grand River corridor in the Woodbridge neighborhood. When complete, the development will include retail space and 30 units of mixed-income residential housing

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/01/22/eastern-market-food-hub-among-projects-awarded-tax-incentives/4541893002/

Long-Delayed: East Riverfront/Stone Soap Building

https://detroit.curbed.com/2017/10/4...-redevelopment

Announced Recently:

Mixed-Use Project on Peck Park, Midtown
    Mixed-Use Project at corner of John R & Forest
    Re-start of Lewis College of Business somewhere in Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    Several I'm following with no solid start dates.. some are still in concept yet:

• Atwater/Riopelle Apartments – CGP
    • Gratiot/St. Aubin – Infill on the Cut – Gensler
    • Rivertown Warehouse District – Gensler, design on Bedrock's recent acquisitions I think
    • Eastern Market Gateway; Gratiot/Russel SW corner – Perkins&Will – it's bad lol
    • Busy Bee Properties; Gratiot/Russel NE corner – Basco
    I am fairly certain that the two Gensler linked projects were just concepts and never firm proposals. I don't think Gilbert has the Rivertown site, I think that may still belong to creditors from the bankruptcy and the renderings were used to help sell the site to a developer.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    More stalled projects:

Mosaic Eastern Market [[3500 Riopelle) - accelerator for food entrepreneurs, a mix of food-based businesses, and 16,680 square feet of restaurant space. Most of the building will be completed by mid-2021 and could include a mix of restaurants, breweries and professional service firms.

Redevelopment and new construction at Van Dyke/E. Jefferson. The development in the city's West Village neighborhood will include commercial space and 36 residential units of mixed-income housing. The project involves the demolition of a parking structure, construction of a mixed-use building and rehabilitating surrounding buildings

Osi Apartments [[Grand River in Woodbridge) - of a four-story, mixed-use building along the Grand River corridor in the Woodbridge neighborhood. When complete, the development will include retail space and 30 units of mixed-income residential housing

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/01/22/eastern-market-food-hub-among-projects-awarded-tax-incentives/4541893002/

Long-Delayed: East Riverfront/Stone Soap Building

https://detroit.curbed.com/2017/10/4...-redevelopment

Announced Recently:

Mixed-Use Project on Peck Park, Midtown
    Mixed-Use Project at corner of John R & Forest
    Re-start of Lewis College of Business somewhere in Midtown
    Blame COVID-19 for stalled building projects. If the civilization collapses, so does the building boom and capital don't mean nothing.

The Joe Louis Arena 25-story residential tower project seems to be moving forward, from my contacts in the industry. And the blueprints look exactly like the concept design depicted in the Freep story. A boring square glass box, but better than nothing.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...na/6305353001/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodeme View Post
    The Joe Louis Arena 25-story residential tower project seems to be moving forward, from my contacts in the industry. And the blueprints look exactly like the concept design depicted in the Freep story. A boring square glass box, but better than nothing.

Kind of funny what the Freep calls "massive".

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodeme View Post

Hands down, I will take a glass box over the ghastly colored panels that seem to be proliferating everywhere.