Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Henry Street Development

Now that the Ilicht's are sloooowly living up to some promises in regards to restorations with the nearly-completed Eddystone Hotel and Women's City Club, thank you very much, I think a thread tracking the promised Henry Street project is in order.

Name:  Henry-Street.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  62.0 KB
    https://ilitchnewshub.com

Readers here will recall the thread Historic Apartments At Cass And Henry To Be Demolished By Olympia/Ilitch and the subsequent outcry and actions that preserved the remaining buildings. For me this is a bit personal as I lived at and managed 438 Henry after returning from my Peace Corps service and European travels in 1971. That building and all of the north side of Henry is now part of the Ilitch's most infamous development efforts--parking lots. However, if they carry out this promise, all is forgiven, all will be forgotten.

Thank you for the thoughtful message. It appears that there is quite a bit of residential development being planned or discussed at the outer edges of downtown including some that will be more or less affordable.