Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Westin Book Cadillac hotel to undergo interior redesign following purchase

DETROIT – A Chicago-based property management company has purchased Detroit’s Westin Book Cadillac hotel and plans to fully renovate its interior...

...The new buyers say the hotel will remain open to the public while undergoing renovations for the next 24 months. In agreement with Marriott, Oxford Capital Group plans to implement a total redesign of the interior that will be “sophisticated and classic,” creating a “luxurious and residential feel.”
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...wing-purchase/

Maybe the new owners can restore the magnificently intricate golden lobby ceiling, that I'm sure was taken out carefully and saved [ha ha] before being replaced by a flat drab white plaster ceiling... that one TripAdvisor comment said "it looks like any Westin hotel in the chain, and not historic"...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

... but I do look forward to any improvements...

My guess its they're gonna go for a modern luxury take. Which is needed and could look really nice. There's nothing historical about the interior anymore.

Several of the downtown hotels are overdue for a refurb but I'm sure the low occupancy rates the past 2 years have really made budgets tight. Normally rooms are stripped to the bare walls every 10 years. Greektown was way overdue for a makeover. It's great that some new owners with solid finances have taken over the Book Caddy.