Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Vault of Midnight moved

I know that I am late with this but I noticed that the Vault of Midnight store had moved to E.Grand Blvd from it's downtown location. I think that the new location is not a good one as to compared to the downtown location. What replaced it was another sweatshirt shop with the old Detroit on the front of them. I wondered why do the store make such as drastic move

I believe they said that they were just breaking even downtown and that increasing the square footage for a cheaper price would mean they would turn a profit. I think.

The variety of businesses opening in Milwaukee Junction is outstanding.

A couple weeks ago, Crain's Detroit reported the 1969-built Stanley Hong's Mannia Cafe will be redeveloped into a music and performing arts venue

The plan, which goes before the Detroit Historic District Commission next week, would turn the building into a 700-person capacity main venue, a smaller lounge-style venue with room for up to 125 and a 30-seat restaurant.
    Vault of Midnight's move add to the diversity of offerings in Milwaukee-Junction. According to Metrotimes:

Popular Detroit comic and game shop Vault of Midnight is moving from its downtown location to some much larger digs in the Milwaukee Junction area later this year.

In addition to being more spacious as to better accommodate new experiences for comic and game lovers, the new spot, located at 2857 E. Grand Blvd., will also feature a 100-foot by 20-foot mural on the shop's exterior. The mural will be tag-teamed by acclaimed graffiti and street artist Sintex and Detroit visual artist Nic Notion.
    “The new location is twice as big as our current shop,” Sullivan shared in a press release. “With double the events, double the games, and double the comics, we’re excited to unveil a truly world-class comic book emporium.”

Unfortunately we lost Detroit Dart Club to Covid.

I would love to see Grand Blvd. get some biking and pedestrian improvements to help spur even more growth.

interesting. I've seen the new location. good parking options nearby. it's more in the general area of "the neighborhoods". Hopefully more neighborhood-based visitors on a recurring basis. They should be sure to promote themselves with flyers and more.
    Individual comic books a.k.a. "floppies" are expensive now [$3.99 and above, each]. Graphic novel paperback collections drive a lot of the general business now. Some stores [like Vault] are also invested in the spinoff merchandise: toys, board games, clothing, cups/mugs and other ephemera.

I didn't know that the downtown site had been replaced by something else already. at least it's not just vacant.
    Last edited by Hypestyles; December-12-21 at 09:37 PM.