Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default School Shooting at Oxford High School

BREAKING NEWS!!!

There was a school shooting just happen at Oxford High School. A 15-year-old suspect shot a couple people. So far 3 are dead and 6 are injured.

Here is source.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...hool-shooting/

I have a cousin who attends Oxford and knew one of the victims. I just found out about this and I’m at a loss for words honestly. Things need to change.

Nothing will change sadly. If Sandy Hook didn't change anything they're not gonna care about this.

This will be in the national news in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This will be in the national news in a flash.
    Sadly, it's not a lead story nationally anymore.
    Last edited by 401don; November-30-21 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Nothing will change sadly. If Sandy Hook didn't change anything they're not gonna care about this.
    Sandy Hook, try Stoneman Douglass High School. This is not a bowling for Columbine High School problem. This is a national problem with kids and guns. Looks like every high school in the nation will have security guards, cameras and metal detectors all over the place.
    Last edited by Danny; November-30-21 at 04:59 PM.

Danny, Sandy Hook was babies; if the gun nuts didn't care about them, this and Stoneman are less than blips on their radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Sandy Hook, try Stoneman Douglass High School.

A 3 yr. old shot and killed their 5 yr. old cousin in South Fulton, Georgia a couple of days ago. That's hardly news either of course. The same people who wouldn't let their kids play with scissors leave loaded guns laying around the house.

There will be shooting everywhere in America [[this free country) Especially shootings in our schools. Have we not learned from Columbine to Stoneman Douglass? You all better remember Oxford High School because if another school shooting happens. Be ready, pray, cope and hope.

We must have gun control in this free country NOW. And those Klan supported NRA better stay out of our way.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Things need to change.
    It won't as long as the NRA keeps buying Judges and legislators.

Do you all remember this school shooting:

Shooting of Kayla Rolland: At Buell Elementary School, a 6-year-old boy fatally shot 6-year-old classmate Kayla Rolland. To date, the boy is the youngest documented fatal school shooter.

This happened in February 29 2000

What is the motive of all this: It all started poor family in Flint. The boy's mother who used to be on welfare MUST work at restaurant in Great Lakes Crossing Mall bright and early to late at night. A boy found a loaded gun at his uncle's bedroom, took it to school to show and tell his friends. Then he shot a little girl to death.

This was record school shooting at an elementary school in U.S. History. This was before Sandy Hook.

Is America remembering from this historical and horrendous event? NO.

Because the gun said - pssst hey you,over here, come pick me up and go shoot up a school,they will blame me so they do not have to face the reality of a mental health crisis going on in this country.

A glass bottle with gasoline and a rag stuffed into one end could do a heck of a lot more damage faster,wonder if people will be talking about banning gasoline,rags and glass bottles if that ever happened.

Kids are no different then adults these days,everybody is off of the chain.

Such a tragedy. My heart breaks for the families and kids.

Around 1pm I heard a lot of sirens for quite a while at my home near John R and Auburn Road. It was the sound of Rochester Hills emptying its Oakland County Sheriff substation all five of its fire stations, sending every available firefighter and piece of equipment north. Neighboring fire departments were called in to man the Rochester Hills stations and run calls in the absence of all our personnel.

The Oakland County Sherriff's office responded in less than five minutes. Dozens of ambulances and several helicopters arrived in preparation of the worst.

This tragedy has brought to light a really solid emergency response capability within these Oakland County communities. I hope that we maintain this capability and never have to use it again.

This shooting might stay in the national news for two weeks.
    It sounds a little different from other school shootings. There
    had been drills for an active shooting earlier which is totally
    commendable. Beyond that, it is noticeable how many students
    at Oxford had a premonition about the shooting ahead of time
    or just knew that the "sheriff" at the classroom door wasn't
    the real one. Also this school seems to have a SRO for
    better or for worse. That will probably get looked at closely.

The metro Detroit area is low on blood donations. Some elective
    surgeries were probably postponed if they haven't been already
    due to the COVID-19 surge.

I'm sorry this happened and hope and pray the injured recover quickly
    and fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because the gun said - pssst hey you,over here, come pick me up and go shoot up a school,they will blame me so they do not have to face the reality of a mental health crisis going on in this country.

A glass bottle with gasoline and a rag stuffed into one end could do a heck of a lot more damage faster,wonder if people will be talking about banning gasoline,rags and glass bottles if that ever happened.

Kids are no different then adults these days,everybody is off of the chain.
    First blame COVID-19 pandemic for making mental health issues grow. Then blame millennials for bad parenting for Gen Z kids. Even after the COVID-19 Pandemic there will be more Millennials and Gen Z kids feeling more miserable. Also blame social media for turn Millennials and Gen Z kids into addictive internet potatoes.

Thank you 'Meta-berg' for making social media a bad influence to our youth.
    Last edited by Danny; November-30-21 at 07:01 PM.

Three students from Oxford High School will not be coming home to their families from school.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Sadly, it's not a lead story nationally anymore.
    It's already on FOXMSNBCNBCABCCNBCNEWSYCHEDDARNEWSCBS Right now!

Some comments from various news sources are already decrying this as another crime-filled day in Detroit! Withstanding that Oxford, MI is 42+ miles, 45 minutes away........

Most retired police officers still carry with a CCW permit. Since I retired in 84, I've not done so. 29 years was enough of that. Of course, I don't go charging into 'situations' any more, either. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Most retired police officers still carry with a CCW permit. Since I retired in 84, I've not done so. 29 years was enough of that. Of course, I don't go charging into 'situations' any more, either. Just sayin'.
    you cannot hide from your 6th sense,if something happens you will respond without hesitation or thinking.

It’s everywhere now though,by my the Chucky Cheese is internet famous for its brawls,malls are being shot up,100s of kids involved in massive brawls,kids are not kids anymore we made them grow up while keeping them confined in tiny little thug bodies.

TAMPA, Fla. - Parents who take their kids to a trampoline park in Tampa want to know how a fight turned into a massive brawl involving hundreds of children.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/no-ar...rampoline-park

Vallejo, CA-Police say a brawl of about 100 children broke out on Saturday night at the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California. They state that many were detained, one was detained, and their parents handed citations.

https://eminetra.com/fighting-out-of...fornia/765166/

A violent week of fistfights at a Louisiana high school led to the arrests of at least 22 students last month. So a group of concerned fathers decided enough was enough.

They formed a volunteer group, Dads on Duty, and began roaming the halls of Southwood High School in Shreveport to calm students, spread positivity and keep the peace.

https://www.news-daily.com/news/fights-erupted-at-a-high-school-in-louisiana-so-these-dads-took-matters-in-their/article_c269e6d4-d83d-5d15-8a6c-f0a75460a522.html

The list is endless and this is stuff that has happened in the past few months.

There are no sacred places anymore,even rural or suburbs do not provide the sanctuary’s of the past.

They are not just kids anymore.

The schools have allowed this crap of destroying school property,slapping and hitting teachers and removed all accountability from the parents so it is just becoming second nature for them to act out,because they know they get away with it.

They need to bring back the paddle with the holes drilled in it and use it on the thugs and the parents that justify it.

I am not in this shooters head but one can bet he or she did not just wake up and decided to shoot the school up,it’s a culmination of events that led up to it.

Notice how the news reports refer to them as children ? The child in them left long ago.

We are all age groups here,I think I can comfortably say that 99.99% of us would have never thought of even hitting a teacher,or if we did,even as children we weighed that moment of glory against the repercussions that we knew were guaranteed to follow

We supported children and told them they needed no filter,well this is what we get in return.

Last edited by Richard; November-30-21 at 09:00 PM.

From one of the class rooms.......https://www.tiktok.com/@shwifty766/v...from_webapp=v1

So unbelievably sad, yet so predictable, here we just recently basically said that is just fine for a teenager to run around with an AR 15, and decide how they’re going to behave with it and when they need to use it, you know there’s going to be a slew of teenagers who will interpret this for their own purposes, and to handle any situation they feel they need to with an AR 15 or similar weapon. There is just something so terribly twisted with this mentality in this country anymore, other countries have problems also , but nothing even close to the magnitude of what’s going on here, it’s basically just a pandemic of guns and it’s going to get worse every month. Now we are basically going to have a slew of out-of-control use by teenagers with these maniac weapons [[ which has recently been predicted )…., great.

Not trying to be a Monday morning QB but it sounds like there wasn't much security at those entry doors to that school. The kid just walked in with a weapon, he probably could have walked in with 3 handguns, nobody would have known the difference. I guess they need metal detectors at the doors, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    So unbelievably sad, yet so predictable, here we just recently basically said that is just fine for a teenager to run around with an AR 15, and decide how they’re going to behave with it and when they need to use it, you know there’s going to be a slew of teenagers who will interpret this for their own purposes, and to handle any situation they feel they need to with an AR 15 or similar weapon. There is just something so terribly twisted with this mentality in this country anymore, other countries have problems also , but nothing even close to the magnitude of what’s going on here, it’s basically just a pandemic of guns and it’s going to get worse every month. Now we are basically going to have a slew of out-of-control use by teenagers with these maniac weapons [[ which has recently been predicted )…., great.
    A handgun was used in this case,nothing to do with a AR-15,not even close.

If you want to stop people from killing,cut off everybody’s arms and legs,there are hundreds of ways to cause harm.

This is why it will continue to happen,because people use inate objects as the cause instead of focusing on the real issues.

I have yet to see where weapons escaped the gun store and went on a shooting rampage.

They do not have legs and they are not that advanced to be able to levitate.

If we remove all men in life,there will be no more abusive husbands or boyfriends.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast