Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Nans Bar Fort st and Dearborn st

Does anyone out there remember this family type bar? My dad , grandparents and aunts used to go there often.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis2021 View Post
    Does anyone out there remember this family type bar? My dad , grandparents and aunts used to go there often.

The only bar I remember in that location was the Pink Elephant. Nan isn't the name of the owner per chance?

Yes it was on Fort east of Dearborn acrosss from Woodmere Cemetary. The lady who owned the bar was named Mary, forget her last name. Many nights she would sit at the end of the bar, and let the custome get the beer out of the cooler behind the bar.

The pink Elepahnt was West of Dearborn located near the building that was destroyed by the underground explosion. The bar was owned by the brother of a Detroit Police officer. Oddly he was not a fan of the police.