Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Information on Detroit based artist H B Drolshagen

Hello all,

We recently came into possession of a large oil on canvas painting by H B Drolshagen. We were told that he was a Detroit based artist and this particular piece came from the famous MSGR. Hickey collection. I cannot seem to find any information on the artist, and hoping this great forum might have some answers.

Beautiful piece! I suppose that's John of Patmos?

1870, 1880 1900 censuses have a Henry [[Heinrich) Bernard Drolshagen,born in 1865 and occupation as a "scenic artist," living at 465 Sherman in Detroit in each census. He married Elizabeth Schultz in 1890 and had 3 children in those '90s, Henry Jr., Ann and John.

Family tree has him born 06 July 1864 in Detroit and death date of 15 Feb 1933 in Detroit.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-b.-dralshagen

Thank you, yes I would think that is John of Patmos. The piece is very large 42" x 60" and appears to be in it original frame from 1928.