Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Saturday was a perfect snowy football afternoon

I simply loved watching the Michigan and Michigan State football games yesterday. I reminded me of watching the Lions play in the snow at Briggs Stadium back in the 1950s. I love football weather -- either a sunny crisp October afternoon or a snowy November one.

I love watching it too. Especially from my lazy-boy with an afghan, a phatty, and an IPA. The scheduled between game nap isn't too bad either.

Nothing beats Calvin Johnson coming up with that snow packed in his helmet in Philly. FUNNY... Calvin Johnson is a human snow-plow.. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    ...Especially from my lazy-boy with an afghan, a phatty, and an IPA. The scheduled between game nap isn't too bad either.
    What, no bong?

Who needs a bong with a phatty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    What, no bong?

One thing that makes football special is that the game doesn't stop for the weather. When I played I loved the snowbowls, and mudbowls in particular, the games, even the practices, where you couldn't read our numbers by the third quarter and fumbled balls squirted about like a wet bar of soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    One thing that makes football special is that the game doesn't stop for the weather. When I played I loved the snowbowls, and mudbowls in particular, the games, even the practices, where you couldn't read our numbers by the third quarter and fumbled balls squirted about like a wet bar of soap.
    Neither does soccer. Canada just "hosted" Mexico in Edmonton last week for a World Cup Qualifier. 14 degrees and snow showers. True story - they did send toques and scarves to their hotel before the game however.

At least it's better than a Lions game.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    At least it's better than a Lions game.
    Anything is better than a Lions game. QVC, for example.

I was throwing snowballs at Harry Gilmer one Sunday afternoon, many moons ago.