Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 21-year-old from Detroit lands spot at Paris Fashion Week with his brand

Way to go young man!

A young Detroit designer's unique brand is set to hit the runway during Paris Fashion Week early next year.

Shelton Hawkins Jr., owner of Étrange Studios, was selected out of more than 1,000 applicants to bring his designs to the runway during a segment hosted by the globally curated retailer Flying Solo.

Although he is excited for this opportunity, he said, “It still hasn't completely hit me yet.” When he received the letter, he thought it was a joke. His mom thought it was a scam. But they did their research, called Flying Solo and they were told that it was real.

“I've never been to Paris,” said Hawkins, 21. “I've never been out of the country. So for my first time going out the country, it's going to be to pursue my passion in a fashion show. It's really crazy how everything just kind of came together.”

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...f9c61d_1345fc4

Name:  Hawkins-paris.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  62.4 KB

That is amazing! More power to him.

That new stuff ain't for me man, I'm still livin' in the 1970's. If it's good enough for bad-ass Youngblood Priest then it's good enough for me, can you dig-it!!

Name:  Super-fly.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  119.2 KB

Isn't that the same suit Ron O'Neal wore in Superfly?

Curtis Mayfield recorded the soundtrack for "Superfly", it should have won the Grammy in 1972 but it went Issac Hayes for the soundtrack from "Shaft". Both are great. Can't say for sure if Ron O'Neal, who played the character druglord Youngblood Priest in Superfly, wore that.