Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gilbert Plans For Failed Jail Site?

Thank you everyone so much for your diverse inputs on my “Will Detroit Ever Get A MLS Team?” Thread!! I personally and sincerely hope that Detroit gets an MLS Team sooner rather than later!! In this day and age it would be a welcomed change for a Billionaire to fund their own stadium.

For all those In The Know as well as those that would like to prognosticate, what do you believe Gilbert will fully do with The Failed Jail Site? Thank you all again for all of your input!!

The latest, according to the Detroit News in August:

"The World Economic Forum announced plans Thursday to establish a Centre for Urban Transformation in Detroit, with plans for it to eventually be located within the Bedrock-owned site of the failed Wayne County jail project."

The 'fail jail'? Prime spot, right near Downtown. Make the most of it!

When I see construction at the fail jail site. I will believe it. Right now Gilbert is playing the real estate pop art game with his properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    When I see construction at the fail jail site. I will believe it. Right now Gilbert is playing the real estate pop art game with his properties.
    Gilbert built the county a new $500 million [[probably much more now with the Covid price increases of material and labor) jail and criminal justice facility in order to get this empty land.

I'm sure he has no plans of letting it go to waste after such a costly trade.