Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Once again, kudos to the City of Detroit Health Department

Went yesterday to TCF Center to get my Moderna booster shot. Once again, very well organized and very well run. Arrived at 8:30 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. appointment. No long line of cars along the river. Drove into the garage at about 8:45, filled out paperwork and at 9:00 a.m. I got jabbed. 15 minutes later [[the required wait time) I was on my way.

All the workers were exceedingly professional and pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Went yesterday to TCF Center to get my Moderna booster shot. Once again, very well organized and very well run. Arrived at 8:30 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. appointment. No long line of cars along the river. Drove into the garage at about 8:45, filled out paperwork and at 9:00 a.m. I got jabbed. 15 minutes later [[the required wait time) I was on my way.

All the workers were exceedingly professional and pleasant.
    Sounds great. Wife and I are the same next Tuesday. 8:30/8:45.
    Flu shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A couple days ago I had a Moderna booster and a flu shot at CVS. They said I first had to schedule an appointment through their website which wasn't exactly easy but it worked.

One pharmacist {or maybe an assistant} confidently asserted that I shouldn't get them at the same time but everyone else {including the CDC} said that would be okay.

Shoulders ached yesterday as expected but it's clearing up today.
    What does this have to do with the Detroit Health Department?

Getting back on topic...I think they have been exceptional all throughout the pandemic. Last fall, when places were reopening but no vaccine was in place, there were a lot of businesses with employees not adhering to mask mandates, customer limits, etc.. I reported several of these places through their webform, and they were always promptly investigated [[I would usually get a phone call within 24 hours asking for more info).

I know the guy from traffic engineering who was tasked with coordinating logistics for the first vaccine go-around at TCF. He and others really got this down to a well-oiled machine!