Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bottega Veneta fashion show

Looks like the secret location is the Michigan Theatre.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-fashion-show/

Thanks for that Satiricalivory...

Both Lowell and my dear late friend Tony Pieroni, who owned the building and former theatre since the 1990s was always gracious and let ANYONE who visited his building, go and see the former theatre space... he never turned anyone away, and gave personal tours himself.

But I feel that our friend Tony never fully understood the potential this unique space had. He was a businessman/lawyer, whose main interest was North Texas Crude Oil.

But the former Michigan Theatre is a massive space like no other... and it is wonderful that despite the tragedy of 1977... it is now a unique venue that the world [beyond architectural students] is starting to appreciate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not surprised they picked it. The aesthetics are amazing. The plaster looks impressive, the decayed state dare I say adds to the appeal.

Lil Kim and Mary J Blige where also there.

Hour wrote a better article about it with pics and livestream.
    https://www.hourdetroit.com/fashion-...higan-theatre/

Wow... more of an event than I ever imagined!!

Here is a photo of the grand lobby I took a few years back from the 3rd level of the parking structure into 4 bays of the 7 bay lobby. Even in its' ruined state the theatre never fails to impress. The lobby is where they had the reception afterwards, with the light show.

Also included is a recently obtained rare old image of the intact Michigan lobby from the mezzanine level looking towards the ticket lobby and entrance. And one of theatre employees on the grand lobby staircase.

There are very few known color images of the Michigan Theatre interior when it was intact.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Gistok; October-22-21 at 10:49 PM.