Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default There will be another La Nina Winter for 2021-22.

You can all blame man made global warming for this mess. The Cold South Pacific Oceanic Temperatures is not budging. So There will be another weaker La Nina Winter for 2021-22 season. Here's how it going to effect Metro-Detroit Area in Michigan:

NOVEMBER:

Quite mid temps in the low to mid 50s. Then by mid November we may see a little peak of snowfall followed by chilly temps from the upper 40s to upper 30s. A Winter Weather Advisory may come by late November.

DECEMBER:

A small streak of cool to mild temps from the early 50s to upper 40s. My Mid December temps will plummet into the mid to low 30s follow by fewer snowfalls and rain showers weekly. And winter storm watch possibly after Christmas.

JANUARY:

Freezing temps after by New Years Day followed by a small thaw. A possible polar vortex follow by winter storms will make the cold spell even harder for most folks.

FEBRUARY:

Stuck with sticky and slushy snow covered areas at least a few weeks cold with temps in the teens. Later temps will be back in the late 20's and early 30s.

MARCH:

Chilly temps in the 20s with snowfalls and one last winter weather advisory and icy warnings We get some more rain. By late March cool to brief mild temps in the early 50s.
    Last edited by Danny; October-22-21 at 01:56 PM.

Yup that’s it man made global warming. The earth has and will do what it wants. We are along for the ride. But as usual gotta blame someone or some thing.

^ how come it is the mans fault?

It proves global warming was thought up by a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ how come it is the mans fault?

It proves global warming was thought up by a woman.

I think her name was Evie.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think her name was Evie.
    well,they do call her Mother Nature and for the last 20,000 years she has shown she can kick up a storm,when she gets in that mood.

Maybe the answer is to pump tons of pot smoke into the atmosphere,maybe her getting stoned and mellowing out was the answer all along.

Is it not weird though,everything considered man made is the crux of all evil.

But Mother Earth is a warm,welcoming,and surrounded by pixie dust and hugs..

• 1816: The Year Without a Summer. In North America and Europe, the winter of 1816 never ended. There were reports of a foot of snow in Vermont in June. Persistently dark skies and cold rain.
    • 1857: The Cold Storms. January 1857 brought some of the coldest weather ever to the East Coast. From Virginia to Massachusetts, temperatures hovered around zero, and over a foot of snow blanketed Washington, D.C., and Baltimore.
    • 1886: The Great Blizzard. The Kansas blizzard of January 1886 is legendary. A series of storms battered the state for a week, causing 10-foot snowdrifts and temperatures of 30 below zero.
    • 1888: The March Snowstorm. This historic late-winter blast paralyzed the East Coast from Chesapeake Bay to Maine. Connecticut and Massachusetts saw 50 inches of snow; New Jersey and New York got 40.
    • 1922: The Knickerbocker Storm. On January 27 and 28, 1922, Washington, D.C., was hit with 28 inches of snow, the most the capital has ever received in one blizzard.
    • 1940: Armistice Day Storm. In the Midwest, November 11 dawned with balmy temperatures up to 60 degrees. The next morning, there was a brutal blizzard. Parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan got over two feet of heavy snow.

https://blogs.ancestry.com/cm/now-th...rican-history/

The 7 worst winters in recorded history of the United States,in comparison now
    everything see now is just an inconvenience.

Maybe EVie would have made a difference back then?
    Last edited by Richard; October-24-21 at 05:21 PM.

^ FYI... the 1816 "year without a summer"... was related to the Tambora Volcano eruption of 1815, the worst volcanic eruption since 535-536AD.

So that one affected the weather... and was not caused directly by weather.

Here's a good synopsis:
    La Niña is coming. Here's what that means for winter weather in the U.S.
    Now it's forecasting wetter-than-average conditions across portions of the northern U.S., namely the Pacific Northwest, northern Rockies, Great Lakes, Ohio Valley and western Alaska....

The Pacific Northwest, parts of the Midwest and the Tennessee and Ohio valleys can see more rain and snow than in a typical winter....

Snow is hard to predict, but experts say La Niña could bring increased snowfall over the Northwest, northern Rockies and Upper Midwest Great Lakes region....

NOAA says drought conditions are expected to persist and develop in the Southwest and Southern Plains, while places like the Pacific Northwest, northern California and the upper Midwest are "most likely to experience drought improvement."

That's because the northern part of the country — specifically the Pacific Northwest, northern Rockies, Great Lakes and parts of the Ohio Valley and western Alaska — is likely to experience heavy rains and flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ FYI... the 1816 "year without a summer"... was related to the Tambora Volcano eruption of 1815, the worst volcanic eruption since 535-536AD.

So that one affected the weather... and was not caused directly by weather.

They cannot tell us with 100% certainty whether it will rain from one day to the next,but they can go all they way back to 1816 and tell you what caused a snowstorm with 100% certainty?

Seriously ?

What caused the volcano to erupt and bury Pompei?

Let me guess,horses farting during the crusades put out so much methane into the atmosphere,some fell and gave fuel to the volcano which exploded and buried the city.

If the weather was predictable or understandable we would not have to worry about it,the cause of the snowstorm was not at debate,it was a listing of the 7 worst winters in history,bottom line is the last one was in 1940 70 years ago,but every year we hear record breaking snow storms,when the record still stands in 1940.

I worked my uncles farm on the river in Minnesota in the 60s and 70s,two things were guaranteed,it would be cold and snowy in the winter and when spring time came and the snow melted it would flood according to snow fall,that never changed,everything inbetween happened and nobody could predict how it would happen,no matter what fancy name they gave it.

For all of the technology in the world,do you know how we in Florida can judge the strength of an incoming hurricane?

The sea turtles

They can sense an incoming storm and move their nests higher up on the beach in order to protect their babies,from the incoming tide that a storm brings,the higher up they move them,the stronger the storm will be.

Only the ones that feel they are in the danger zone will move their nests,it is interesting how they can predict where a hurricane will land when we do not know until it happens.
    Last edited by Richard; October-24-21 at 09:52 PM.

I can't do anything about the weather, so I just sit back and enjoy it. Of course, that's much easier to do out here in southern Nevada.

Richard... a large volcanic eruption created a plume of ash that blocked out part of the sun and led to lower than normal temperatures. It is not rocket science.

Direct your climate change denial somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    Richard... a large volcanic eruption created a plume of ash that blocked out part of the sun and led to lower than normal temperatures. It is not rocket science.

Direct your climate change denial somewhere else.
    Yes I read the link,they also said they did not figure it out until decades later,but my reply had nothing to do with climate change,unless one is trying to read into something that is not.

Yes I read the link,they also said they did not figure it out until decades later,but my reply had nothing to do with climate change,unless one is trying to read into something that is not.
    Ah... therein lies the problem Richard... between talking of pixie dust, hugs, clouds of pot smoke, what constitutes man-made evils... you are all over the map, with a lot of forumer's wondering what your point is...
    Last edited by Gistok; October-26-21 at 03:02 AM.

Ah... therein lies the problem Richard... between talking of pixie dust, hugs, clouds of pot smoke, what constitutes man-made evils... you are all over the map, with a lot of forumer's wondering what your point is...
    I already made my point in the first post,the 7 worst storms in recorded history,the cause behind them was totally irrelevant,what has happened after has not been able to apparently match them,no matter how bad it seems at the time.

You took it from there and went into underlying reasons.

My reply after that,because I did not want to go the route I was intentionally trying to be manipulated into going,was a reply of sarcasm.

If you are not looking at the bigger picture and following posts through the different threads then sure my reply went over your head,because it was a contuation of a discussion or base of comments that spanned a couple of different threads.

Like in this reply,I could have made it short and sweet with a clear point and just wrote sarcastically- Lighten up Nancy.

Unless of course you are trying to say my posts are not already long enough and you are looking for a me to explain emotions behind every word in detail,so you can understand the reasoning behind every word posted.

I think at some point one really needs to look at life beyond straight line A and there is no B,C or D,when there is.

Sometimes there is no point to anything,it’s just having a conversation amongst other posters,it seems to be pretty popular,which kinda makes me wonder why you only choose to single out me personally?

On the other hand...

Brrr! The 2022 Old Farmer’s Almanac comes with a winter warning: Prepare for a “Season of Shivers.” This winter will be punctuated by positively bone-chilling, below-average temperatures across most of the United States.
    “This coming winter could well be one of the longest and coldest that we’ve seen in years,” says Janice Stillman, editor of The Old Farmer’s Almanac. For 230 years, the Almanac has been helping readers to prepare for winter’s worst with its 80 percent–accurate weather forecasts.
    In some places, the super cold of the coming winter will also bring lots of snow. This extreme wintry mix is expected in areas of New England as well as throughout the Ohio Valley, in northern portions of the Deep South, and in southeast New Mexico.
    Above-average snowfall is also in the forecast along a track from eastern Montana southward through the western halves of the Dakotas and into northeastern Colorado. While temperatures in this midcountry strip will be relatively normal, snowfall will be abundant, with several storms predicted throughout the winter.
    Meanwhile, most western areas will remain relatively dry, with all but the Pacific Coast itself and portions of the Southwest experiencing the frigid cold predicted for much of the rest of the country.

Meanwhile, most western areas will remain relatively dry, with all but the Pacific Coast itself and portions of the Southwest experiencing the frigid cold predicted for much of the rest of the country.

Interestingly................the Spring Mountain range to the west of the Las Vegas Valley got socked with a ton of snow yesterday. Pretty to look at, but wow! Early!!!!

Sometimes there is no point to anything,it’s just having a conversation amongst other posters,it seems to be pretty popular,which kinda makes me wonder why you only choose to single out me personally?
    I don't think that your very long posts are "pretty popular", and I'm not the only one to tell you so. But you do have every right to post what you want. And I do agree with you when you are right.

I don't think that your very long posts are "pretty popular", and I'm not the only one to tell you so. But you do have every right to post what you want. And I do agree with you when you are right.
    You are putting words in my post,without understanding the post to begin with,never said my posts were pretty popular.

I said what was pretty popular was general conversation that has little relevance to the actual topic,but you choose to call me out personally but nobody else. Get it now?

You are just using long posts as narrative for other reasons,because nobody in the world gets triggered that much over a post on the internet.

well I am not here looking to get laid and nobody always agrees with everybody all of the time,there are similar minded people that do agree with each other.

Funny how the virtual world is no different then the real world,there is nothing personal going on and the world is full of evils outside of a long random post on the Internet,people are free to avoid them or take what is posted and look into it further if they are really interested.

Not much schooling,so I became an information junkie,not an expert in anything just interested in as many different subject as possible.

Thats that whole expand your mind thing.

You got logic,ever get into critical thinking? The place where everything is not always black and white and you do not just take things at face value?

I agree with the Farmers Almanac,for some reason they always seem to come pretty close to their predictions.
    Last edited by Richard; October-26-21 at 08:16 PM.

Seems to be to use as many letters as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Seems to be to use as many letters as possible.
    while you have a history of using as little words as possible,while contributing as little as possible in the process.

This has been your only reply to this thread and it has zero to do with the topic at hand,but I am the issue,bless your heart.

NOVEMBER:

Quite mid temps in the low to mid 50s. Then by mid November we may see a little peak of snowfall followed by chilly temps from the upper 40s to upper 30s. A Winter Weather Advisory may come by late November.

RESULT:

Temps were in the mids 50 and upper 60s in mid November and a Winter Weather Advisory in effect be late November.

I was right.

DECEMBER:

A small streak of cool to mild temps from the early 50s to upper 40s. My Mid December temps will plummet into the mid to low 30s follow by fewer snowfalls and rain showers weekly. And winter storm watch possibly after Christmas.

RESULT:

A small streak of 50-degree temps in some areas to upper 40s. Temps plummeted to mid to low 30s fewer rain showers weekly. And a winter storm after Christmas.

I WAS RIGHT.

^ Danny... that could describe most any December in Michigan... again we didn't get snow for Christmas... I remember years ago when we used to get snow almost every Christmas... not any more.

We got 2-3 inches of snow this past weekend. Not really bad, unless you were on the road Saturday night.

Right now Buffalo has 10 inches of snow, with more on the way... Nashville has 1-2 inches coming per hour... Washington DC already has 12 inches from Monday... with 6 more expected in the next day... the Northeast is expecting a winter Cyclone.

Record-breaking snow slams Buffalo; East Coast braces for first bomb cyclone of 2022 [[msn.com)

Looks like we dodged a bullet here in the Great Lakes area...
    Last edited by Gistok; January-06-22 at 02:36 PM.

...Looks like we dodged a bullet here in the Great Lakes area...
    Today I heard a foot of snow is expected in Ohio. That caught my attention. It looks like this next snow is west of us, headed south where it turns back northeast again, curling around to miss Michigan.

Yea! Let's keep dodging those bullets!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Today I heard a foot of snow is expected in Ohio. That caught my attention. It looks like this next snow is west of us, headed south where it turns back northeast again, curling around to miss Michigan.

Yea! Let's keep dodging those bullets!
    Oh yeah..... we're dodging another one...

The Appalachian Mountains... and all the states along the east coast [[and on into the St. Lawrence River area of Quebec) are going to get hammered. With the jet stream pushing all of this weather south of us before it heads back to the Northeast... the worst part that we will get is the cold temperatures. I can live with that...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; January-14-22 at 12:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast