Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gang Fight at East English Village Prep!

What is the matter with these kids!!! There is a big brawl at East English Village Preparatory Academy in Detroit's East Side. The fight started at the lunchroom And it's was gang related. Ten students and their gang cliques were arrested.

Here is the sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4for0vF9o4

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...t-high-school/

Streets talk.

This is becoming a major issue everywhere after the police were removed from the schools.

Beside the fad of damaging school property the next one is becoming “slap your teacher”.

If I ever hit a teacher in school or even thought about it,I would have got my ass beat in school and again when I got home.

A social justice warrior in VA was adressing the escalation of fights happening in the school system said the answer was mental health counseling issues instead of a police presence which intimidates certain groups.

This is what happens when the message of zero accountability is sent and encouraged.

My W is a teacher at EEVPA - she said it was wild and more than a bit scary. At least 20 police cars. She was with her students in a classroom when it happened, so she didn't feel overly threatened.
    Note - this is not indicative of all of the students at EEVPA.
    Last edited by GPCharles; October-13-21 at 08:14 AM.

This is the only video I've been able to find of the incident itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHKOG919uXg

EDIT: Just came across this one from another vantage point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-b3G8pD4o
    Last edited by 313WX; October-13-21 at 08:44 AM.

OK... I'm confused... this is where Finney High School used to be [my old Alma Mater]...

What is EEVPA? Is it a high school? Is it part of DPS?

Never mind... just Googled a list of all Detroit High Schools... and this is one of them... with a fancy new packaging... and the same old inner city problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    OK... I'm confused... this is where Finney High School used to be [my old Alma Mater]...

What is EEVPA? Is it a high school? Is it part of DPS?

Never mind... just Googled a list of all Detroit High Schools... and this is one of them... with a fancy new packaging... and the same old inner city problems...
    If I remember correctly, the original Finney High School had relocated for a short time to the old McNair Elementary School building near Mack & Chalmers, before closing.

But yes, my understanding is that EEVPA is now Finney and Crockett combined.

And in a completely new building and campus layout!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is becoming a major issue everywhere after the police were removed from the schools.

Beside the fad of damaging school property the next one is becoming “slap your teacher”.

If I ever hit a teacher in school or even thought about it,I would have got my ass beat in school and again when I got home.

A social justice warrior in VA was adressing the escalation of fights happening in the school system said the answer was mental health counseling issues instead of a police presence which intimidates certain groups.

This is what happens when the message of zero accountability is sent and encouraged.
    Is that the same “mental health” excuse used for every single mass shooting by a straight white guy?

News tells you all you need to know about how these kids are raised. No respect for the police, or any authority for that matter, because that's what's taught at home.

"I'm angry at the police for using mace to break up a brawl, my kid said they couldn't breath".

Sad.

Do you recall a Vice Principal named Richard Taylor? I may have asked you before, but I'm old.

The "slap your teacher" and the stupid and dangerous pranks come largely from Tic Tock. I normal stand up for social media but this is the most useless piece of tech there is. I swear it does nothing but promote stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you recall a Vice Principal named Richard Taylor? I may have asked you before, but I'm old.
    I sure do... I can still picture him... the disciplinarian at the school. Back when I went we had Catherine E. Kelley as principle. Of all the teachers that were there eons ago, my brother-in-law regularly runs into math teacher Mr. Beraducci [the one who carried a yard stick around class, like "the Penguin" in Blues Brothers). He's about 80 year old now and frequents the same golf course in Macomb County.
    Last edited by Gistok; October-13-21 at 01:36 PM.

I dated Mr. T's son, Kevin, for about 4 yrs. That man looked positively frightening when in discipline mode; I saw him mad at Kev more than once. But he was absolutely one of the sweetest, kindest people around. I saw that he passed away about 2 years ago at age 92. So many fond memories of him.
    I sure do... I can still picture him... the disciplinarian at the school. Back when I went we had Catherine E. Kelley as principle. Of all the teachers that were there eons ago, my brother-in-law regularly runs into math teacher Mr. Beraducci [the one who carried a yard stick around class, like "the Penguin" in Blues Brothers). He's about 80 year old now and frequents the same golf course in Macomb County.

Speaking of street talk...There could be gang cliques with the East Seven Mile Bloods could be in the works since the high school is near the infamous red zone.

Street gangs today don't have to show their colors and will lay dormant. Once something happens to their homies, they will be a rumble in the ghetto jungle.

It's blackboard jungle all over again in Detroit Public Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Is that the same “mental health” excuse used for every single mass shooting by a straight white guy?
    I am not a mental health qualified type of person to attest to that,in case if you are not following along,the last school shooting a couple of days ago was an African American male who reportedly was tired of being bullied.

But it was a white male that just did a bow and arrow shooting killing 5 and wounding 2 in Norway.

If you watch the video supplied in the OPs link it was not white males being led away in handcuffs.

But if you think race is relevant to potential violence,somebody may have some mental health issues.

If you notice there has been a distinct switch in age groups of shootings and violence against innocents,there are 12 year olds that are doing car jackings and robberies,that is not a mental health issue,that is a complete failure to communicate on the parents part,outside of what was already mentioned here and in the video,it was the polices fault for using pepper spray,to break the fights up.

That is a parents justification for their kid to hit a cop with a chair or slap a teacher or destroy school property and telling them the violence is okay because you are oppressed.

What happens when a teacher lays a hand on the kid ? But it is justified when a kid slaps a teacher? BS.

When I was a kid you were taught to respect your elders,the police,and teachers were held in high regard,if you did not you suffered the consequences.

There are no consequences anymore,the kid that just did the school shooting was out on bond within 2 hours,outside of some cities in California,the majority in the rest of the county still practice morals and values and the majority of the grown ups do not justify their little out of control brats under the guise of they have issues.

They just found a reason to fire the police chief in Miami,he had transferred from California and brought all that hugs and kisses mentally when it comes to violence,and violence went out of control,there are bad people out there being raised by bad parents.

You do not tell a male school child that tries to sexually assault a fellow female student,bad boy,see you tomorrow.You are telling them at a young age it is okay to do as you wish.

I bet if they let the girl kick him in the nuts he will think twice the next time.
    Last edited by Richard; October-13-21 at 06:29 PM.

No school yesterday, today or tomorrow. Teachers in all-day meetings with the administration. Yesterday the administration announced their proposed solution at the very end of the all day meeting, the bottom line of which threw most of the effort upon the teachers. They are at wits end IMHO.

Sorry, folks, but some of these kids are totally out of control. Most are not, but a few screw it up for everyone.

Part of the blame for this goes on the school system. When they sold the community on replacing Finney, they claimed it would lead to a better environment to foster relationships in a safe and modern environment. Simply building a shiny new building does not change the environment inside the building. Very few of the additional resources promised were delivered. I don't believe it is more safe now than it was before. Its unfortunate because there are a lot of great kids at that school. I know quite a few from the neighborhood and they are good kids that deserve a better education than the one being offered at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    No school yesterday, today or tomorrow. Teachers in all-day meetings with the administration. Yesterday the administration announced their proposed solution at the very end of the all day meeting, the bottom line of which threw most of the effort upon the teachers. They are at wits end IMHO.

Sorry, folks, but some of these kids are totally out of control. Most are not, but a few screw it up for everyone.
    That kinda clarified where the problem lies,a teachers job is to teach,granted a part of that is also maintaining control of the classroom but we have seem a systematic removal of the teachers ability to do so.

IMHO I do not think it is right to lay the blame and responsibility solely on the teachers,but that is par to the course with school administrations that have unchecked powers and seem to have little accountability.

I sometimes also wonder if those on the school boards even have any experience with actual teaching or even spend any time in the classrooms to see what is happening.

Its their job to run the system,it’s not the teachers job to be buying classroom supplies and be playing the parental role.

The building does not determine the outcome,what happens within does.
    Last edited by Richard; October-14-21 at 09:26 AM.

This is the next generation in Detroit. No respect and no morals. Good luck with that.

^ Detroit is not alone in that classroom,it’s a problem that covers every corner of this country currently,it is something that the entire country needs to be addressing,but we seem to be spending more time figuring out ways to justify it or make excuses for it.

It’s like what my great grandpa used to say - this country is going to hell in a handbasket if we do not change our ways.

You could kick violent offenders out of the school system and expel them, but then they'd only spend more time in the streets with their gang affiliates and other negative influences.

School is their only hope for a decent future... but High Distinction students they ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    You could kick violent offenders out of the school system and expel them, but then they'd only spend more time in the streets with their gang affiliates and other negative influences.

School is their only hope for a decent future... but High Distinction students they ain't.
    The disruptive students have to go somewhere, they can't stay in the classroom making it impossible for everybody else.

This situation was not in a classroom. It was a full-blown, chair throwing brawl in the lunchroom. On solution proposed by the administration was to have the teachers police the lunch room.

Uhh... no thanks!

Do what the nuns did: make them eat lunch in their classrooms with some kind of monitor be it teacher, parapro or parent. Less kids to handle and less room to throw shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    This situation was not in a classroom. It was a full-blown, chair throwing brawl in the lunchroom. On solution proposed by the administration was to have the teachers police the lunch room.

Uhh... no thanks!

Discipline is rasist.

No discipline no respect.

Bring back discipline and get off the woke train!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast