Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Meijer Marketplace on Jefferson is open

Did a quick walkthrough this morning. Seems like a very nice, well-stocked store. Big wine and produce section.

Although the developers really dropped the ball on this excluding the apartments [[there is no excuse, they screwed up), it looks like a very nice grocery store and a great addition to central Detroit.

It's a really nice store and an addition to the area. It will not hurt Lafayette Foods nor Harbortown but probably help them. I would rather have a caglamorate of grocery store than that of weed houses

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Although the developers really dropped the ball on this excluding the apartments [[there is no excuse, they screwed up), it looks like a very nice grocery store and a great addition to central Detroit.
    Anyone know if they structured the building to allow vertical addition in a future phase?

Woo-hoo! I have check them out. I received a direct mail item w/ three coupons.

Three coupons here too, I'm going tomorrow.

Looks like they’ve already demolished the building next to the Rivertown Market. Wonder what they are going to build or if it is going to be surface parking lot expansion. Demolition occurs too fast but seems to take forever to build or to start building.

Attachment 41831

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Anyone know if they structured the building to allow vertical addition in a future phase?
    Would be nice, but I doubt it.

Parking is tight - best to go off packed times. Convenient for a few things they have at this location.