Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

UFO Guest

Default Another one bites the dust

Another scumbag gone. Seems like house cleaning is going good for both sides.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2300584.story

Lorax Guest

Amazing the sense of entitlement from the wealthy Rehtuglicans. Good to know he's finished- now if we can get South Carolina to join the 21st century and toss their Rethuglicans under the bus, we'd be on our way to really cleaning house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Amazing the sense of entitlement from the wealthy Rehtuglicans. Good to know he's finished- now if we can get South Carolina to join the 21st century and toss their Rethuglicans under the bus, we'd be on our way to really cleaning house.
    We're working on it, slowly but surely. :-)

Funny these family values people don't practice what they preach.

Everything done in the dark eventually comes to light.

How dare they set up the already [[by default) upright Mike Duvall. He offered very careful wording along with his resignation. "Inappropriate story-telling" can mean many things, such as:

• I did it [[the sexual conquest)
    • I told the story of it to a colleague in confidence
    • it was simply inappropriate to tell this story in that venue [[only because I got caught)

He should rather stand up and fight like Sanford and Ensign have. Fight to retain his freedoms and liberty. And his pursuit of his happiness. And political power.

This is similar to the pseudo apologies we often hear. Goes something like the following. "I'm sorry you were offended by what I said". Transferring the spotlight on the offended. Vilifying the offended party as a pitiful culprit. And with this, the "innocent" offender feigns the high and righteous road. I'm right [[unashamed), even when I'm wrong [[should be ashamed). By any means necessary.

More redefining of smart. And for some, American Exceptionalism [[until and even if caught). Do you think this is what Tocqueville meant?
    Last edited by vetalalumni; September-11-09 at 05:01 PM. Reason: edit

ccbatson Guest

Here is the thing, conservatives recognize when they have betrayed trust and leave. Liberals never had any trust to betray so they stick around.

UFO Guest

Who'll be the next immoral one to fall flat on their face? Too many of these crooks get away with murder.

But to ease everyone's mind,At least we got Pee Wee for public sex in a movie theater

UFO Guest

I wonder if the President is going to find the courage to start going after the senate and congress and investigating all of them for their crooked dealings?

That would be heaven on earth. I think we wouldnt have any senators or congress people left.

They would all be in prison.

Keep it up Mr. President!

Change I can believe in.

ccbatson Guest

The inmate in chief is running the asylum. He will ignore the real corruption as it leads back to him. Witness Conyers dropping a request to investigate ACORN because the "powers that be" instructed him to drop it. He [[conyers) chairs the committee in question, so who is the "powers that be"?

Aw, it ain't just the Republicans. It just seems like when some person is elected to public office, their brains turn to shit.

ccbatson Guest

Here here Ray...tune into Glen Beck, he is currently focusing on that very idea [[late last week, and the upcoming).

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Here here Ray...tune into Glen Beck, he is currently focusing on that very idea [[late last week, and the upcoming).
    Well, asking Glen Beck about people whose brains have turned to shit is equivalent to asking Ozzie Osborn about people who've fried their brains with drugs. Lots of first-hand experience.

And BTW, the correct expression is, "Hear, hear!", not "here, here"; that's what you use if you want to call your dog.

ccbatson Guest

Oops, on the spelling, but obviously you got the point.

And, true to form, ad hominem attacks against the messenger as a deflection from the content of the message is a weak liberal tactic that does not work.

ccbatson Guest

BTW, check the ratings this guy is getting recently....unbelievable. So much for attacking the messenger.

Stop the bickering!!. IMO it seems that both parties can't keep their #%$@ in their pants.