Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Usps

Default Usps

Remember when your mail man looked like this? I do. Today's employees all seem to look like jakey bums. Just sayin'.

"Back in my day, we walked 15 miles to/from school in 5 feet of snow barefoot!"

Wife beater? Child molester? A tie doesn't make the man.

Our mailman when I was a child looked like that; he also threw his mailbag at my dog and kicked him. Hell of a dude!!!
    Our mail "lady" now gives my dogs treats...

Growing up in the 50 & 60's the "letter carrier" in my neighborhood, Jeff-Chalmers, looked nothing like that. She was a young African American woman.

Jakey? I'm not familiar with that term.

My dad [[African American) is a retired letter carrier. He delivered mail in 60s & 70s. There is No Way he would have dressed like that. Although he did wear a pith helmet in the summer for shade. He always wore his uniform shirt & pants nicely pressed. Residents would get mad at him when their Soc. Sec. check didn’t come on time, like it was his fault. Always had his spray on his bag or belt to defend himself from loose dogs who charged at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I think they were trying to say janky.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    "Back in my day, we walked 15 miles to/from school in 5 feet of snow barefoot!"
    And uphill both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    My dad [[African American) is a retired letter carrier. He delivered mail in 60s & 70s. There is No Way he would have dressed like that. Although he did wear a pith helmet in the summer for shade. He always wore his uniform shirt & pants nicely pressed. Residents would get mad at him when their Soc. Sec. check didn’t come on time, like it was his fault. Always had his spray on his bag or belt to defend himself from loose dogs who charged at him.
    He would have had fun in my neighborhood where postal carriers last about a month.

Instead of being blamed for delayed SS checks,it’s the dope people that accuse the carriers of stealing their dope instead of delivering it and threatening them.

There is a term "jake leg" which jakey can be used for. It means someone who drank bad hooch during the depression and their nerves were damaged to the point of their leg constantly shook, but I doube he meant that. More likely "jankey" looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

USPS mail delivery is about to get permanently slower and temporarily more expensive

Starting Friday, the Postal Service will “implement new service standards for First Class Mail and Periodicals,” spokeswoman Kim Frum said in an email to USA TODAY.
    Heh. That's punny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Remember when your mail man looked like this? I do. Today's employees all seem to look like jakey bums. Just sayin'.
    I notice a resemblance.

Name:  parents_film.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  51.9 KB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDxDXq1VEY

BTW, How did Randy Quaid become even creepier in real life than this character he played?

I remember the pith helmets, but mostly with shorts and a lighter shirt, pushing the bag on a cart. I don't really remember the winter uniforms.

Up until just recently my Rural Route carrier reminded me of the one in Funny Farm. I could hear her rattle trap coming from over a mile away and knew when she was getting close so I could go out and meet her. Finally got rid of it for a minivan kind of thing.

Ours is a sweetheart who still knows us by name.
    Neighborhood dogs like her too.
    Last edited by bust; September-30-21 at 06:36 PM.

Unfortunately this is too late to have any effect on this year's holiday season but any day you can begin removing a powerful parasitic saboteur from office is a good day.

Biden Surprises With USPS Board Shake-Up; Key DeJoy Allies To Be Replaced

Santa's helpers rejoice! The Grinch's blatant corruption is on the wane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Unfortunately this is too late to have any effect on this year's holiday season but any day you can begin removing a powerful parasitic saboteur from office is a good day.

Biden Surprises With USPS Board Shake-Up; Key DeJoy Allies To Be Replaced

Santa's helpers rejoice! The Grinch's blatant corruption is on the wane.
    What liberal delusion do you live in?

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/snail-ma...-mean-for-you/

https://news.yahoo.com/u-postal-warn...223629204.html
    Last edited by Wheels; November-20-21 at 10:13 AM.

It's a step toward getting rid of that scum bag DeJoy before he crushes the post office into powder. Hopefully without his allies, he can be removed from his position

I stopped using Amazon because USPS has been more reliable and faster in the last 5 years.

I hear stories but to me results count,everything else in between is irrelevant.

But it is clear in her opening statement in the video of why they wanted to replace him.

This is not about the post office,it’s about moving money to the chosen few and using the government as a tool to eliminate the competition.
    Last edited by Richard; November-20-21 at 02:59 PM.