Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Protestors disrupt James Craig’s official launch of campaign for Michigan governor

Protestors disrupt James Craig’s official launch of campaign for Michigan governor [[clickondetroit.com)

Former Detroit Police Chief James Craig’s official announcement of his campaign for governor had to wait a little while longer after protestors derailed his speech before it even got started.
    The group “Detroit Will Breathe” took over the podium set up for Craig on Belle Isle, forcing the announcement to be moved to another location.

Then Craig tried to say that the DNR was supposed to supply him with protection which was a lie and there is a text to prove it. And rather than wait it out and listen to protesters he moved onto the riverfront and gave his speech there.

Detroit will breath

a self described group of young militants.

They seem to have a confusing agenda that lacks any kinda of focus,seems like if you have a bitch about anything in general you can join.

https://detroitwillbreathe.info/

Seems more like Antifa under a different name.

Take the libtards bowling, take them bowling...

The racial make-up and body politic of Detroit [more moderate dems] would not so easily allow for the full Antifa trip-out as seen in other cities.

Not to say it could not happen again, but we've [Detroiters] seen our city burned and destroyed and some neighborhoods NEVER came back. We all do not have the super-heady, virtuous rush to try out the rules-for-radicals playbook in 3D as taught in the classroom per that semesters syllabus pg 2. Craig pushed back too hard against it [re. the protests over the last 16 months here in Detroit] one can argue. But we were good to keep it down to a roar!

Ask the average Detroiter: we don't want our police defunded. We need them to DO their job - not beyond - not killing us. But we also clearly know what lawlessness would ensue sans policing. Most people do. They just like to play with the idea/ narrative of such IN YOUR TOWN. Where you as a citizen of that city will suffer the consequences - and off to the next protest they go [or back to their gated and well guarded estate].

BOTTOM LINE, IMO, too many folks with license plates from elsewhere throwing firebombs at our few remaining CVS drug or grocery stores may have been in for a surprise! Detroit is not the same as Seattle.

I suppose Craig will make his case at the next venue, and Whitmere will win. Whatever. But she ain't over-loved either.
    Here we go again: the option of, um, eh' great candidates ........
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-14-21 at 09:17 PM.

1. Free speech, whether you agree with them or not.
    2. That was on the Craig campaign to have the area secured or planned ahead, not on the DNR and it's proven in text messages.
    3. Craig lied on Tucker Carlson [[disgusting) about the DNR, security and Whitmer, so that's par for the course for his party.
    4. He railed against the poor infrastructure and roads that Whitmer hasn't fixed but it's not a big part of his plan, so what is his actual plan?

Craig is an absolute clown. I don't see this ending well for him.

Good job Detroit Will Breathe protesters. That will keep the Cop Out Craig from running. He already lost Detroit. And lost the whole State of Michigan, too.

Craig up the Creek!

Go Big Gretch 2022 four more years.
    Last edited by Danny; September-15-21 at 07:07 AM.

Holy cow the papers have it out for Craig already. In the News - two sections on the protesters, who the protesters were and what they were saying. Two sections on event security, the DNR's response and the governor's response, including some actual basic investigative journalism. Then, at the end, a blurb about Craig's platform.

This is an old media trick. If you like a candidate, you talk about their platform and it's potential effects on people. If you don't like a candidate, you talk about their media tactics and how controversial they are.

I don't particularly care one way or the other, but holy hell they are going after Craig quick. He must have peed in their cereal as chief of police or something.

From what I've heard, Craig's platform is basically that the Governor should be a cop and that doesn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    From what I've heard, Craig's platform is basically that the Governor should be a cop and that doesn't play.
    Well I do not want to see a former Detroit Police Chief turn this State of Michigan into a 'Republican Trump Police State!'

Cop Out Craig has already lost Detroit. Let's see would try to convince Trump Republicans of Michigan if he's the right man for a the job.
    Last edited by Danny; September-15-21 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    1. Free speech, whether you agree with them or not.
    2. That was on the Craig campaign to have the area secured or planned ahead, not on the DNR and it's proven in text messages.
    3. Craig lied on Tucker Carlson [[disgusting) about the DNR, security and Whitmer, so that's par for the course for his party.
    4. He railed against the poor infrastructure and roads that Whitmer hasn't fixed but it's not a big part of his plan, so what is his actual plan?
    Simple planting the seeds for Trump's return to presidency by turning this Michigan into a police state!

Anybody but witless!

Optics optics optics. Chad Livengood reported on Detroit Today that the protesters were there BEFORE Chief Craig rolled up for his announcement. They saw the protesters, decided to make a brief announcement to get the money shot and then rolled down to their gated and secured secondary location across the river to have a formal announcement with the donors.

Detroit Will Breath got used like a bunch of stage props and rubes from around the country are tripping over themselves to donate to his campaign. 'Hollywood Craig' strikes again.
    Last edited by louis; September-15-21 at 08:47 AM.

The citizenry has the right to peaceful protest, no matter against who or where. Craig didn't take the time to set up his choice of venue to kick off his campaign very well, or hired the wrong team to do it, then tries to lie his way out of it to make the DNR and the rest of state agencies to look bad. It's not the DNR's problem that he didn't bring his own security and didn't have a sound system better than the protesters. If this is the way he chose to start, he's not going to go far

I personally do not believe police officers should become politicians {even though being police chief or sheriff are very political/elected}. The two mindsets do not mix well.

I just read about a situation in Tampa where the former police chief is now mayor and is causing trouble.

Whitmere will do alright - if not great, especially with the likes of easy-read, easy-bake Craig. Made easy-bake extra [we know who you are because you said A, B, C...] every time he invokes 'Trump'. That alone along with his baggage renders him road-kill even among some blacks who are centrist or conservative on areas though not republicans. Those are swing votes he'll not get.

Cuomo may have effectively syphoned off some of the heat Whitmere would have received for her own part in sending COVID-19 patients to the nursing homes as she did. She remains as hypocritical as most politicians are [do as I say, not as I do], both sides. For certain she was especially careless in her hypocrisy - I'm hoping she's learned her lesson.

I wonder who else may come forth as a contender?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well I do not want to see a former Detroit Police Chief turn this State of Michigan into a 'Republican Trump Police State!'

Cop Out Craig has already lost Detroit. Let's see would try to convince Trump Republicans of Michigan if he's the right man for a the job.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-15-21 at 11:20 AM.

Hah! I agree - we're already seeing an increasing authoritarianism going forth when not law-enforcement derived directly. In other countries/ nations the military and government are one, without apology. We may be heading that way but it's not Craigs time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I personally do not believe police officers should become politicians {even though being police chief or sheriff are very political/elected}. The two mindsets do not mix well.

I just read about a situation in Tampa where the former police chief is now mayor and is causing trouble.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-15-21 at 01:08 PM.

I was holding off until he made any commentary on the 2020 election. Well, turns out he now endorses a forensic audit of Michigan results.

That's a non-starter for me. Be better, don't help spread blatant disinformation. Not a chance I vote for him.

Craig is an empty shirt DB with zero policy and nothing between the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    I was holding off until he made any commentary on the 2020 election. Well, turns out he now endorses a forensic audit of Michigan results.

That's a non-starter for me. Be better, don't help spread blatant disinformation. Not a chance I vote for him.
    Craig coming down on the side of the ridiculous Trumpy "steal" notion, and therefore coming down tacitly on the side of the terrorists and traitors of January 6 and on the side of effectively disenfranchising many thousands of his fellow Detroiters, killed whatever chance there may be that a whole lot of us would consider him a serious candidate.

I personally do not believe police officers should become politicians...
    When someone inquires as to whether I believe in law and order, I ask "whose law and order?"

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The citizenry has the right to peaceful protest, no matter against who or where. Craig didn't take the time to set up his choice of venue to kick off his campaign very well, or hired the wrong team to do it, then tries to lie his way out of it to make the DNR and the rest of state agencies to look bad. It's not the DNR's problem that he didn't bring his own security and didn't have a sound system better than the protesters. If this is the way he chose to start, he's not going to go far
    This was not a peaceful protest. Yelling, cursing, cussing, and slandering someone in public are in fact crimes. Therefore denying a politician their constitutionally guaranteed right to speak their mind is an act of violence.

Enough with this BLM morality that makes it easier to commit crimes against people you don't like. This type of morality reigns in Detroit's ghettohoods, where the supposed strong prey upon the weak simply because they can to the tune of almost a murder a day in 2020. Keep this morality, which is really a Detroit black issue, out of state politics. We don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    This was not a peaceful protest. Yelling, cursing, cussing, and slandering someone in public are in fact crimes. Therefore denying a politician their constitutionally guaranteed right to speak their mind is an act of violence.

Enough with this BLM morality that makes it easier to commit crimes against people you don't like. This type of morality reigns in Detroit's ghettohoods, where the supposed strong prey upon the weak simply because they can to the tune of almost a murder a day in 2020. Keep this morality, which is really a Detroit black issue, out of state politics. We don't want it.

"Yelling, cursing, cussing, and slandering someone in public are in fact crimes."

You just failed US history, congrats!!

getttohoods? are you for real!?! Me thinks someone is asking to get booted from this board.

She is a D mayor in a D city,she won the mayorship the same way she became police chief.

To appease the woke crowd because she was the 1st woman elected in both cases with the added points of being a lesbian.

The controversy revolves around BWB ,Biking While Black.

The street dealers in the hood took bicycles and painted them all black and would ride around so if you were looking for drugs you knew who to look for.

When you openly advertise that you are a drug dealer,you really have to expect not good results.

Thing is,Tampa is segregated,so really the residents under the control of the neighborhood dealers that were destroying them with blatant open air in your face sales,was the African American neighborhoods.

She got the stupid idea that everybody deserves a safe neighborhood where children can walk to school,which drew the ire of the African American community.

They spent millions building affordable housing/low income in the same neighborhood,units that would be worth over $300,000 a few blocks away with rents according to income.

They did not want it to turn into a drug haven project so they do silly stuff and police presence it to keep crime down,people get mad when they are not allowed to sell their wares on the corner and children can play in the playground without having to dodge bullets.

Not that it matters,other forces control the city,the mayor is just a figure head and there is money to be made in the hood,people do not like the balance upset.

But we live in an era of two camps,one side says F the police and the other is saying they are tired of the out of control violence.

Another police chief,woman,in Orlando was or is also running for mayor in Orlando,another D running in a D city as there is in other D cities,so the narrative of a R trying to Trump D city’s is just that.

The police chiefs across the country are running on the platform of stopping the violence in the cities that has gotten out of control,silly for them to think people actually support that.

Part of running for politics is having the opposition drag up all of the dirt in order to make you look bad,so they look good.

People get caught up in it.

If the residents of the cities would just walk up to the bad guys and ask them to please stop being bad guys,we would have no need for the police,see how easy that is.

Was Detroit a safer place to live and did crime decrease under Chief Craig’s tenure?
    Last edited by Richard; September-15-21 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast