Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What do the American medical system and MIC have in common

In both cases, we spend a larger share of our GDP compared to other advanced countries with worse outcomes. Maybe we're not too bright?

P.S. We became inhuman torturers, a nation of war criminals, over the last twenty years. Maybe we're not good role models?

afghan siteetroitYES.com - Google Search
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; August-16-21 at 01:18 AM.

When a topic is not Detroit related, it will get moved by Admin to another DYES pages. So be prepared for that... although a ghost entry will be in DYES Detroit for some days after the move. Also the DYES entry you left a link for is from Non-Detroit Issues.

Don't know the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In both cases, we spend a larger share of our GDP compared to other advanced countries with worse outcomes. Maybe we're not too bright?

P.S. We became inhuman torturers, a nation of war criminals, over the last twenty years. Maybe we're not good role models?

I keep reading the Taliban is regaining territory again. They'll have everything running smoothly soon. They're good role models.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-16-21 at 07:25 AM.

^ lol they did not have to regain anything,they just strolled right in.

Did you know 50% of our forces are now private contractors,handy to have because they are not counted as troops in the public eye,so if the say sending in 3000 troops,it could actually be a fighting force of over 6000.

It does pay $3500 a month,maybe those looking for $15 per hour should give it a shot.

They are using the rotor wash from Apache helicopters to clear the runways so the evacuation planes can take off,because people are clinging to the sides of planes and then falling to their death on take off.

Thats desperation.

Next week there will be auctions where they will be selling off 12 year old girls for wife’s.
    Last edited by Richard; August-16-21 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Or maybe the Whitehouse is now occupied by a bafoon and a jackal?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...220220347.html
    Last edited by Wheels; August-16-21 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

Why not, his predecessor [who got us out of Syria] was too....

Also... "There has largely been bipartisan support for withdrawing the military from Afghanistan, an issue that former President Donald Trump touted for the past five years and even negotiated with the Taliban."
    Last edited by Gistok; August-16-21 at 08:35 AM.

^ it’s not a question of if we should have withdrawn or not,we should have.

It is the way it happened,it sends the wrong message to our other allies,many put their lives and the lives of their families on the line,so we could be safe in this country.

Then we just left them there to die.

That is not who we are as humans.

The tailiban is now driving around in humvees,that you and I paid for,we do not even get one.

They were our allies before in fighting the Russians,we know how they operate and it should have been zero surprises as to what was going to happen.
    Last edited by Richard; August-16-21 at 08:50 AM.

Pretty sure the previous administration help secure the release from prison of this guy. The co-founder of the Taliban. Here's a photo op after his release 11/21/2020, with Pompeo and the guy who just took over Kabul.

https://cdni0.trtworld.com/w960/h540...973714025.jpeg
    Last edited by Maof; August-16-21 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Why not, his predecessor [who got us out of Syria] was too....

Also... "There has largely been bipartisan support for withdrawing the military from Afghanistan, an issue that former President Donald Trump touted for the past five years and even negotiated with the Taliban."
    You obviously only hear what you want to hear. Trump began implementation of a real plan with a gradual withdrawal and it was working.

Your puppet just turned and ran and said good luck suckers. I guess he is to busy working on the southern border and pushing racial separation or destroying the fossil fuel industry to be bothered.

^Oh I keep forgetting you watch Fox, Newsmax, OANN and the Pillow Guy for your news... Now that the Dominion lawsuit is going forward to trial for billions [[by a Trump appointed judge), I'll be curious if their truthfulness holds out in court...

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Pretty sure the previous administration help secure the release of the co-fouder of the Taliban from prison. Here's a photo op after his release 11/21/2020, with Pompeo and the guy who just took over Kabul.

https://cdni0.trtworld.com/w960/h540...973714025.jpeg

So in your world to turn and run is the same as negotiations? Nice try.

^Oh I keep forgetting you watch Fox, Newsmax, OANN and the Pillow Guy for your news... Now that the Dominion lawsuit is going forward to trial for billions [[by a Trump appointed judge), I'll be curious if their truthfulness holds out in court...

Again with the liberal deflection tactics. Keep watching as CNN go down in flames as their lies and refusal to report what they don’t like is exposed.

Uncle Joe is busy helping others.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...095300410.html

The UN Security Council is holding its second emergency meeting in a week right now on SKY news,you might want to tune it in.

This land is full of bafoons [sic] and jackals from sea to shining sea laboring under twin illusions that it possesses morals and military prowess. The sole difference between this fiasco and Vietnam is that some people resisted the first catastrophe. And the Amway heir made a killing.

Casualty Report [[defense.gov)
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; August-16-21 at 09:45 AM.

Well, one thing for certain is that in how the withdrawal was handled will eventually impact the States and > Michigan to > Detroit.

In the meantime China [shouldn't be a surprise], as always, will observe and remain transactional in this action -- applied at this time.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-16-21 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The UN Security Council is holding its second emergency meeting in a week right now on SKY news,you might want to tune it in.
    Was there ever a bigger oxymoron then the UN Security Council? "I urge the International community to protect the rights of Afgan women" "Yes, we'll get right on that." said nobody as they broke the meeting for their $200 lunches.

So in your world to turn and run is the same as negotiations? Nice try.
    What? lol. The Donald's timeline for complete withdrawal was May 1st. I don't remember GOP outrage then. Looky here. This was a month ago at another dingus rally.....https://twitter.com/i/status/1427051039404957697

Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...It is the way it happened,it sends the wrong message to our other allies.
    Nonsense. Neither allies nor enemies have illusions about the nature of ugly Americans; The world knows that we're a violent and stupid race who elect craven clowns like Dubya Bush and megalomaniacal narcissists like the Maralago Mussolini. So I celebrate the denouement of this dumbest of all American wars.

DOD Casualty Status [[defense.gov)

There's a Pentagon office staffed by an overpaid colonel and a few dumb overpaid bureaucrats who publish casualty reports each Monday. That's what they do. Now to keep them gainfully employed we just move on to our next failed war. My guess is China.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Was there ever a bigger oxymoron then the UN Security Council? "I urge the International community to protect the rights of Afgan women" "Yes, we'll get right on that." said nobody as they broke the meeting for their $200 lunches.

100% the women and children will pay the price for all of this as they become someone’s property,the men have it easy,a quick bullet.

OK, I've got to ask... What is "MIC"?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Military Industrial complex

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    What? lol. The Donald's timeline for complete withdrawal was May 1st. I don't remember GOP outrage then. Looky here. This was a month ago at another dingus rally.....https://twitter.com/i/status/1427051039404957697

Nice try.
    Trump didn’t turn his back and run. If you’re ok with what’s going on God help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    The Military Industrial Complex [[MIC) that Eisenhower warned against in his Farewell Address to the Nation on January 17, 1961, includes all corporations, individuals, and mercenaries who make a living from weapons and war. War benefits them and they promote perpetual war leading us to moral and economic ruin. The idea is to make lots of expensive bombs, weapons, and equipment, and blow it all up, and then make some more, in an endless loop. It also includes all the films and history channels that glorify war and mayhem, and all the war toys that children play with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast