Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Carl Levin, Michigan's longest serving U.S. senator, dies at 87

Carl Levin, Michigan's longest serving U.S. senator, dies at 87 [[freep.com)

Carl Levin, a liberal Democrat who rose from a prominent Detroit family to become Michigan’s longest-serving U.S. senator and helped set military priorities and investigate corporate behavior for decades before retiring in 2015, died Thursday. He was 87.

Sen. Carl Levin, help my school book special trips to U.S. Capitol and the Old Executive Office in Washington D.C. in 1993. My school give him a lot of thanks.

I took a few minutes to read his Wikipedia entry. Reminded me that while I didn't agree with much of his politics, he was a fine leader and someone Michigan and Detroit were fortunate to have in our corner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Levin

Thank you, Senator Levin. RIP.

"I took a few minutes to read his Wikipedia entry."

smmfh. Wikipedia?

Hey, former Sen. Levin was a great guy and politician. but propping up a weak*ss source like wikipedia is unforgivable. That place is pure untrustworthy trash, and only lazy folks use it as a primary source.